2009 Summer Trip now a memory

I'm now back in Micigan after a 12 day tour out to Arizona and back. I covered Michigan, Indiana, Illinoise, Missouri, Oklahoma, Kansas, Texas, New Mexico, Colorado, and Arizona. Tried to stay off the big interstates as much as possible. I highly recommend US 50 rather than 40 if you have the time and 160 from Tuba City, AZ to Walsenburg, CO. The trip stats are: total mileage 4592.76, max speed 99.6 MPH, moving time 77 hrs 52 min, moving avg. 59.0, stopped time 18 hrs 12 min, ovrall avg. 47.8 mph, max elevation 10,668 ft. I turn on my E-Trex at the beginning of each day and off at the end of the day so the stats include stops for gas, butt rests and construction. It was a great trip with only one real rain day (day two with 300 miles of good rain and St. Louis right in the middle). I did hook up with Brohay in Albuquerque and he sprouted for a great lunch. Thanks a ton Adam! I got to ride a bit of Route 66 on the way which has it's own nostalgia. For whatever reason I've been blessed with the ability to ride a lot and where and when I please. I'm greatful for that and all of us who have motorcycles should get out and enjoy the good in life and do good as well. Just be careful and watch out, I had at least three close calls and if a rider isn't 100% aware all the time, you'll end up a grease spot. Here's a picture of Brohay on his manly steed at my motel in Albuquerque.

472d1246102248-2009-summer-trip-now-memory-brohay.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nobody wants to see the rider....it is the bike they are interested in!

Glad you made it back to MI. And hopefully, in the not so distant future, I'll be able to follow suit and hit the open road to meet some more members along the way.

Here's a picture of Brohay on his manly steed at my motel in Albuquerque.

I'm sure that I speak for everyone in saying that we're glad you made it back unscathed. I hope you enjoyed yourself and that you took some pictures. I pictured Adam much differently. He's just a baby for Pete's Sake!! Now I really feel old damn it! I don't even think he shaves yet!! Just kidding of course. Nice bike Adam. Looking good.

I'm now back in Micigan after a 12 day tour out to Arizona and back. I covered Michigan, Indiana, Illinoise, Missouri, Oklahoma, Kansas, Texas, New Mexico, Colorado, and Arizona. Tried to stay off the big interstates as much as possible. I highly recommend US 50 rather than 40 if you have the time and 160 from Tuba City, AZ to Walsenburg, CO. The trip stats are: total mileage 4592.76, max speed 99.6 MPH, moving time 77 hrs 52 min, moving avg. 59.0, stopped time 18 hrs 12 min, ovrall avg. 47.8 mph, max elevation 10,668 ft. I turn on my E-Trex at the beginning of each day and off at the end of the day so the stats include stops for gas, butt rests and construction. It was a great trip with only one real rain day (day two with 300 miles of good rain and St. Louis right in the middle). I did hook up with Brohay in Albuquerque and he sprouted for a great lunch. Thanks a ton Adam! I got to ride a bit of Route 66 on the way which has it's own nostalgia. For whatever reason I've been blessed with the ability to ride a lot and where and when I please. I'm greatful for that and all of us who have motorcycles should get out and enjoy the good in life and do good as well. Just be careful and watch out, I had at least three close calls and if a rider isn't 100% aware all the time, you'll end up a grease spot. Here's a picture of Brohay on his manly steed at my motel in Albuquerque.

472d1246102248-2009-summer-trip-now-memory-brohay.jpg

Now I can't believe that you went through that many states and that many days, and the only picture you got was of Adam! I think your holding out on us brother! Not that Adam's pic wasn't a good one, but we want to see some more shots of your trip. Lets get postin'.

Back