2013 Hyperstrada -- My bike has arrived

Dustin

ducati-hyperstrada-2013.jpg

I've seen this thing online, saw the marketing videos on YouTube and finally saw it in person at the motorcycle show. Love it.

I showed it to my best friend and he said "that's a total Dustin bike". I agree. I think once they start hitting the used market, I will pick a tidy one up from a poser down in California. Standard ABS, hand guards, centre stand, wicked motor, nice suspension, factory 12v outlets, top case rack from factory, side cases from factory, odd looks. Hell yeah :)

15,000 km service intervals and valves are checked at 30,000! No big deal

Last edited:
ducati-hyperstrada-2013.jpg

I've seen this thing online, saw the marketing videos on YouTube and finally saw it in person at the motorcycle show. Love it.

I showed it to my best friend and he said "that's a total Dustin bike". I agree. I think once they start hitting the used market, I will pick a tidy one up from a poser down in California. Standard ABS, hand guards, centre stand, wicked motor, nice suspension, factory 12v outlets, top case rack from factory, side cases from factory, odd looks. Hell yeah :)

haha, I think the showroom by me is getting one in a week or two they said. I'm going to go check it out. I like the Hypermotard but the Hyperstrada seems more practical. I think sticker is like 13k and around 15k out the door they said with tax, tag, title, doc fees.
I plan on having the Fz1 for a year or two more but the short list of second bikes is the Duc after the price drops on a used to around 7-9k.

If I had the money I'd be almost trading up to one of these!!!! That thing looks awesome!!!

MSRP starting at $14,000 here in Canada. Taxes and dealer fees added to that on top. I think it will work out to around $19,000

I'm not sure the OTD price to my neighbours in the south but I'm sure it will be less. The used market is the real shocker, though. The amount of used bikes down there is simply amazing. That's why they are so cheap

I could never afford twenty grand for a bike but a used Ducati has mucho depreciation

Last edited:
Yes and no. There are limitations with importing a bike in regards to government regulations. Some manufacturers will not honour warranty and things like that as well

I'm not too informed on all that stuff. I will buy used only anyway, I'm sure I will be out of warranty when I get my Hyperstrada :)

Haha, how true. Our resident Goldwinger can attest to the magic of heated things :)

I saw on the Ducati site that there's a heated grip option! Also, the standard handguards are wicked for blocking Old Man Winter's frigid farts. Wish I had them now!

I'm guessing pricing on a base model would be
MSRP $13295
Tax at 9.3% in my hood: $1236.44
Tag: $350-400 (I'm just guessing the MVD pricing is a mystery, my '09 FZ1 just cost me close to $200 for $6000 purchase price and original retail 10k)
Dealer fee: I think they said $500 when I talked to them last week.
Destination fee: dunno probably another $500, maybe $1000

So OTD around $16431.44 at the high end of dealer fees. Bikes here tend to tend to drop between $1000-1500 by year. BTW I asked about a 2013 Fz1 OTD recently and it was $12500 for comparison.

I just checked CL and a 2009 Hypermotard 1100s was down to $9000 with an initial MSRP of $14999. So I would expect a similar depreciation rate here. The other nice thing in AZ is if you buy private party, you don't have to pay the sales tax of a mandatory federal 6.3% (I could be wrong on this, but I think that is what the MVD lady said).

Wish I was in the USA!!! In Australia it is estimated to be around the $19,000-$20,000 mark (including on road costs) from what I can find out on the net so far!

You don't want to go to Denmark then.
Here the price tag shows 214.995 DDK, thats around US$ 38400!

For US$ 14000 you can't even get a 2nd hand FZ1 GenII :ugh:

I really doubt you could get one in Ca for 16.5

Dustin, have you checked into what the timing belt costs???

Even if I could afford a Ducati, I couldn't afford to own one. :eek5:

Sure is a good looker!

I did! People aren't sure how often it needs changing but there's speculation that it's around $500 and would be changed along with the valve check at 30,000 km

The guys on ADV are saying it's going to be lighter on maintenance than your SM-T

We'll see.

I can definitely see a used one coming into my budget in a couple years. Cash talks :)

Last edited:
I really doubt you could get one in Ca for 16.5

Dustin, have you checked into what the timing belt costs???

Even if I could afford a Ducati, I couldn't afford to own one. :eek5:

Sure is a good looker!

I'm sure it's more but I just did the math on what I was remembering what the two guys I was chatting with at the dealer said about it before. In CA you guys have to pay extra for the extra emissions hardware I believe. When I was looking into the Fz1 I think that was close to another $1000.

You don't want to go to Denmark then.
Here the price tag shows 214.995 DDK, thats around US$ 38400!

For US$ 14000 you can't even get a 2nd hand FZ1 GenII :ugh:

For all the cray cray stuff that is wrong with the US, at least our Dollar still dominates the world economy (although it may change soon) and we get to buy stuff way cheaper, YAY capitolism.

For all the cray cray stuff that is wrong with the US, at least our Dollar still dominates the world economy (although it may change soon) and we get to buy stuff way cheaper, YAY capitolism.

It's not that the danish krone is weak, it's because of the 180% tax on vehicles :cry:

Last edited:
Back