2014 FZ-09 anyone?

I couldn't hear the exhaust in that PHOTO! How about a video with some sound? Please? :popcorn:

It looks great! I can't wait to hear it or maybe be taken on a ride? :wilynily:

Search Youtube (marthy6r) not much I can do on the phone now. :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

Can you please post up a review of what you thought about this bike in stock form vs the FZ1? I am very curious.

I never had the chance to ride a FZ1. But the bike is light and quite fast. Throttle itch it things of the past now that I tune it. Finalizing the tune and then dyno to double check all that. I did change few things to the design also... could get it the way I wanted.

I never had the chance to ride a FZ1. But the bike is light and quite fast. Throttle itch it things of the past now that I tune it. Finalizing the tune and then dyno to double check all that. I did change few things to the design also... could get it the way I wanted.

pubyqe5e.jpg
umedu8a5.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Such a good looking bike. I really wish that engine had more growl to it.

I guess I will have to wait for the modern R1 motor to be placed into a GEN3 FZ1......

Bike is amazing. The more I ride it the more I like it. The famous throttle itch is all gone with the fuel controller all tune now. Not sure how much power you actually need John. I can't pin the throttle until I get in 3rd gear! 1st gear the front come up at 1/3 throttle and 3/4 throttle in second. If I lean way over the tank the front end only skip in second. @ 5K in first gear I blip the throttle and the front end goes up! LOL no, really!

With the exhaust the bike is way under 400 lbs now. I need to confirm that in a bit once I weight both set up. Suspension is fine for what I do. I lowered the front end about 3/8" and crank some preload.

Bottom line is the bike as all I wanted in a street ride. She has character and handle fairly nice. Might need some update for hard riding in the twisties or track day but other than that... the bike is perfect.

Go ride one... in Mode A! Ah... Avrg 44 MPG and if I milk it I get 55-60 MPG at 65-70 MPH.

Great report! Looking forward to more updates from you as you get more time in the saddle.

Sounds like a great bike!

I saw one of the British magazines (can't remember which one) calling it the most important bike since the CBR900...pretty high praise if you ask me!

Why? Have you ridden it? :popcorn:

Growl;

verb
1. (of an animal, esp. a dog) make a low guttural sound of hostility in the throat. "the dogs yapped and growled about his heels" synonyms: snarl, bark, yap, bay More (of a person) say something in a low grating voice, typically in a threatening manner. "“Keep out of this,” he growled" synonyms: snarl, bark, yap, bay More (of a thing) make a low or harsh rumbling sound, typically one that is felt to be threatening. "thunder growls without warning from a summer sky"

noun
noun: growl; plural noun: growls
1. a low guttural sound made in the throat, esp. by a dog.

I don't have to ride a bike to know if its Growl/Sound is to my liking. ;-)

Sure you do, you're riding it! The only sound you hear is the sound it makes while you ride it and that sound is completely different than whatever you hear through crummy speakers recorded with a crummy microphone on a compressed video on YouTube

Unless your favourite thing about bikes is how they sound in a parking lot on YouTube :stunta]:

I did not ride the FZ09 yet(have not seen one in person). but I just rode a triumph 675s triple for the first time the other day and the sound and how the engine felt was way different then what I was expecting. I was thinking it would be more of a Vtwin type thing but it was more like a 4cyl sound and feel..JMO

FZ09Dynorun2_zpsc65885c4.jpg

Should I be happy or desapointed? I was hoping for better gain at peak HP. But on the other hand the torque gain at mid range is quite impressive. That bike never been built for peak HP anyway... The flat HP peak HP might be because the ride by wire limit or shut the throttle a bit... WTF? Flash tune is the next step I guess.

Back