2014 Honda Grom coming to America!

I used to have a CBR125R; you guys didn't get them in America. It was a super fun bike, could do 80 MPH easily and needed next to no maintenance. 80 - 100 MPG with a 200+ lb guy riding it and hooning around.

Good for a teenager. Has to be less than 20hp and torque.

It's probably around 14 hp. Not sure if 'good for a teenager' is quite right since most teenagers in America are 300 lbs. Harharharhar. But for real, the small bikes are awesome for the city. They're so small and light and you can rip around so easily. That plus 100 MPG and the ability for a grown man to do 60-70 MPH with out any effort makes it better than a bus or a small scooter.

I did track day on my CBR125 a few years back. It was a small course set up like an autocross with lots of tight corners and sweepers and I lit the back tire up coming out of a sweeper--nearly high sided. :wilynily: :rofl:

Last edited:
ENGINE:
Engine Type 124.9cc air-cooled single-cylinder four-stroke
Bore And Stroke 52.4mm x 57.9mm
Compression Ratio 9.3:1
Induction PGM-FI with automatic enrichment
Ignition Electronic
Valve Train SOHC; two valves per cylinder

DRIVE TRAIN
Transmission Four-speed
Final Drive Chain
CHASSIS / SUSPENSION / BRAKES
Front Suspension 31mm inverted fork; 3.9 inches travel
Rear Suspension Single shock with steel box-section swingarm; 4.1 inches travel
Front Brake Single 220mm disc with hydraulic dual-piston caliper
Rear Brake Single 190mm disc with hydraulic single piston caliper
Front Tire 120/70-12
Rear Tire 130/70-12
DIMENSIONS
Rake 25 deg.
Trail 81mm (3.2 inches)
Wheelbase 47.4 inches
Seat Height 29.7 inches
Fuel Capacity 1.45 gallons
Curb Weight 225 pounds wet

Initial figures are saying well over 100 MPG

There are trackday tires available for the 12" wheels as well as some knobby tires. :deal::deal:

Yep... I wonder if I can get a Penske for the rear and a set of 1.10 springs up front on it.... something tells me that a bike that weighs less than me isn't going to be sprung for much over 130lbs...

Very nice machine!

Have you noticed Honda seems to be on a roll lately? The new CB1100 .. and the new NC700X ... And now this new one - Grom ...
Honda is giving people some real options!

Last edited:
Back