2014 Yamaha MT-07

Dustin

2014 Yamaha MT-07 ? Two Cylinders of Value

2014-yamaha-mt-07-03.jpg

75 hp/50 lb-ft 690 cc twin, 400 lbs wet with ABS. 180 rear tire. Looks to be the MT-09 chassis. 45 lbs lighter than the SV650 ABS.

If the FZ-09 is any indication, this thing should be great bang for the buck.

If it's a good bang for the buck while being smart and fun I fear we won't see it in the US

We got the FZ-09! I should imagine this is a non issue for regulation compliance considering the bike looks very similar in design

Upon closer inspection, the frame and swing arm and other bits are not directly from the 09, though.

Last edited:
Ah it has a telefork and not an upside down one as the Fz9. The exhaust looks much better though.

I saw an Fz09 and found it to small more me, hopefully the engine is planted into a sport tourer soon.

Meh. Unimpressed. To me it looks like a bit of a knockoff of the duc monster. Lightweight, underpowered v twin. Only positive thing I could see is Japanese reliability and half the cost.
I like the 09 but the 07 is blah as far as power, could've used a few (25) more ponies.

Meh. Unimpressed. To me it looks like a bit of a knockoff of the duc monster. Lightweight, underpowered v twin. Only positive thing I could see is Japanese reliability and half the cost.
I like the 09 but the 07 is blah as far as power, could've used a few (25) more ponies.

because you spend a lot of time going faster than 100 mph???????:dontknow:

because you spend a lot of time going faster than 100 mph???????:dontknow:

That was a little bit the point of my post above. I can't pin the throttle in the first 2 gears, and once the ECU reflash (detune in the first 3 gears) I might still power wheelie in 3rd also :Rockon: By increasing the front preload and dropping the front 3/8" it's a bit better in second gear but still need to lean on the tank to keep the front end on the ground.

The bike is under 400 lbs with the exhaust swap... regardless, a hell of a bike for $8K!

The FZ-07 is ever set wheel in North America will be a light version of the FZ6R. About same HP, a snug more torque and 85 lbs less weight!

You would be surprised. :D I just like having the power on tap when I want it. I rode a bandit 600 for a few years and a duc monster for a few more. I'm sure it will be a fine bike, I'm just not impressed.

Understand what you mean. Go ride a FZ09... the numbers on paper doesn't make the bike justice. After you pop few gears you won't even care if this is the ugliest bike you ever rode... :rofl: (depend on taste... bike look much better in person. Didn't use to like it on pictures either)

You should take the 09 for a spin one of these days. You might want to reconsider making it a 1100 or 1200cc. :jaw drop:

I honestly can't imagine that bike with an extra 300cc! That would be sick

Sick is just what I'm looking for :D I've always been a bit of a power whore :smoking:
Maybe wanting a bike that accelerates like a zx14 handles like an R6 and has the comfort of the FJR is asking too much ?:rofl::rofl::rofl:

It is a parallel twin and completely different to the duc monster, the whole geometry is different.

The weight compensates the lower power and most people never use the power of an Fz1. Or are you always with 11k rpm in the corner? Usable power of the Fz9 is higher than the Fz1. The Fz7 might be a good starter bike.

It is a parallel twin and completely different to the duc monster, the whole geometry is different.

Agreed. Other than the vibes and the horrible racket they make, I really like parallel twins. The power characteristics are great and they always seem to manage to make reasonable power with lots of midrange grunt and excellent fuel economy :)

If the 09 is any indication, this smaller motor should give great MPG

Last edited:

The weight compensates the lower power and most people never use the power of an Fz1. Or are you always with 11k rpm in the corner? Usable power of the Fz9 is higher than the Fz1. The Fz7 might be a good starter bike.

No I stay right in the 7 range when I'm pushing it. As long as I'm above the variable timing jump... I also like to hammer it on the straights and hit 100 within a few seconds. I also like the fact I can power thru many corners in 6th that other bikes (fz8/vfr8) need to be in 4th for.

Im sure if its 85 lbs lighter it will feel a lot different. I have a feeling I'll never see an 07 though.

Back