2018 MotoGP Discussion Thread *SPOILERS*

HOT DAMN! What a weekend.

Q2 on Saturday was EPIC.

All 3 races were good and the photo finishes for both Moto2 and Moto GP were incredible! I could not be happier for Dovi, what a way to start the season.

Alex Marquez' rear brake disk getting locked up and turning molten red was an incredible thing to see as well... he was super fortunate.... that could of ended badly, was nice to see him hold on to 3rd place after all that.

Q2 on Saturday was EPIC.

All 3 races were good and the photo finishes for both Moto2 and Moto GP were incredible! I could not be happier for Dovi, what a way to start the season.

Alex Marquez' rear brake disk getting locked up and turning molten red was an incredible thing to see as well... he was super fortunate.... that could of ended badly, was nice to see him hold on to 3rd place after all that.
A great weekend of racing. I am so, so glad MotoGP is back

Q2 on Saturday was EPIC.

That thing was really amazing to see! I've seen rotors on Nascar Cars glow red at certain tracks, but never had seen a rotor on a bike glow like that. I was waiting for a seizure at some point.

Luckily it didn't let go like Lorenzo's front brake pad. That was sparking all down the straight and let go in turn 4. He had to jump off at 160kph to avoid hitting the wall - SCARY. He had little front brake for most of his race and still managed to pass people using predominantly rear and engine braking! That is impressive! Many other riders would have just pulled into the pits. Luckily it went in turn 4 and not turn 1!

Sorry, it has been a busy few weeks and I am just now finding time to comment on the race in Argentina.....

Marquez - What the HECK? Showing he is still very immature and should not have been let up out of the moto 3 rankings so fast. I know the guy is fast, but sheesh.... so reckless.

I am waiting for Rossi to start a fist fight with him ala with Biaggi in the stairwell at the Catalan GP in 2001!

Rossi is not entirely innocent in this feud, just like all his previous feuds beforehand.

Back to racing - I'm tipping another MM win this weekend. Hope someone else can have a win at COTA (C'mon JACK!), but I don't see anyone else currently in the position to do so unless MM is unable to race or does something stupid.

Wow 3 great races.

Moto 3 was a crash fest as per usual.

Moto 2 had a few surprises.

MotoGP was a very interesting race and thrown the championship wide open! Dovi got impatient and pulled a very uncharacteristic move which ended up causing an incident which took all 3 of them out! You can't blame anyone for that. Jorge was doing his best to stay ahead to get points for the championship - when people say he should move aside and let the faster guys through??? Why he is also racing for the championship and it is only race 4! It is a race!

Jack, Petruci, Iannone and Rossi's fight for 3rd was good to see. I hope Jack gets back on the podium sooner rather than later.

Great racing, agreed. I was really hoping for Dovi to get out in front and possible catch MM or put some pressure on him.

I am still bummed out about Simon Crafar, not only does he have a terrible interviews presence, he asks horrible questions and has awful timing..... I really hope he either improves quickly or they replace him. It is starting to bum me out on the broadcast.

Yeah, hopefully he improves, he does have a lot of knowledge, he just needs to improve his delivery. It would be a hard gig coming in after Dylon Gray too. I hope he improves or they give Amy more air time. Dhe did a great job in Simon's absence the other week. Maybe have them both down there roaming the pits.

What I really hope is that MotoGP Improve their Chromecast issues. It is currently woeful. A lot of people from around the globe have complained to them, but they don't seem to care once they have your money......

Yeah, hopefully he improves, he does have a lot of knowledge, he just needs to improve his delivery. It would be a hard gig coming in after Dylon Gray too. I hope he improves or they give Amy more air time. Dhe did a great job in Simon's absence the other week. Maybe have them both down there roaming the pits.

What I really hope is that MotoGP Improve their Chromecast issues. It is currently woeful. A lot of people from around the globe have complained to them, but they don't seem to care once they have your money......

Amy was on point. Simon needs to study Dylans reporting and try to emulate.... Interrupting a race to ask a crew chief what it is like to work with his rider is a horrible waste of time.

What is going on with the Chromecast feeds? I use the app on an old iPad and stream it to my TV via my Apple TV box. The app does have a tendency to crash after 40-50 min of viewing time, so I just keep note of about how far into the race I am (i never have time to watch live) and start it back up again. Also the app is very slow to pause when it is in airplay mode, which can be annoying. I think I just need a new iPad(currently running an iPad 2 I have had since 2012).

Chromecast has several issues

- stuttering noise so you can't understand what is going on.
- bad buffering due to them using their own video protocol and google need to convert it to a standard video type - becuase you can't choose to play at a lower dpi (i.e. forced to 1080p) it starts stuttering.
- unable to connect at all
- when you do connect for a live broadcast, it sometimes starts at the beginning of the broadcast (i.e. moto3 race) and you can't get it to play live.
- when watch no spoilers, you get the buffering issues as well
- when watching live and you get a bad feed, you used to be able to change to option 2 or 3 and get a better feed, this has gone away.

Some rounds are better than others. The fly aways were atrocious. The last Euro round (Jerez) was OK.

Chromecast has several issues

- stuttering noise so you can't understand what is going on.
- bad buffering due to them using their own video protocol and google need to convert it to a standard video type - becuase you can't choose to play at a lower dpi (i.e. forced to 1080p) it starts stuttering.
- unable to connect at all
- when you do connect for a live broadcast, it sometimes starts at the beginning of the broadcast (i.e. moto3 race) and you can't get it to play live.
- when watch no spoilers, you get the buffering issues as well
- when watching live and you get a bad feed, you used to be able to change to option 2 or 3 and get a better feed, this has gone away.

Some rounds are better than others. The fly aways were atrocious. The last Euro round (Jerez) was OK.

Ouch, i dont have near those issues with my iPad/Apple TV combo.

The motoGP app is now needing a newer version of the OS than my old iPad can support, so I am back to streaming from the Chrome session on my ipad, worked really well for the race this weekend, so that is good.

Also, MM finally got what was coming to him for his riding style this year. Pushing Petrucci nearly into the gravel in the fist few turns was way too aggressive. I was happy he crashed himself out all on his own.

Back