Added graphics and windscreen

chopper71

I started to add some gold tribal flames today.I also took a Puig windscreen,cut it down and shaped it.It was way taller then the original factory clear windscreen.Now its lower then the original factory one.I still have some work to do on the graphics.I have lower fairings coming in that I will be adding the graphics to.I will add photos as I do more adding to it.My wife called me Austin Powers and said my bike was Goldmember.I couldn't help myself and said "Oh behave baby" for anyone has seen that movie lol.

IMG_20140503_144459310_zpsc029c538.jpg

IMG_20140503_144526885_zps58fd5b78.jpg

Last edited:
I have never been all that fond of most graphics, but that said, somehow this works. I like the red and gold theme throughout. Maybe some red and gold rim stripes and gold windscreen bolts? It is a very distinctive bike now.

Thank you I did check on powder coating the rims.Just not sure if I should go with red or gold.I'm kinda leaning to red with gold rim stripes.I'm also going to get the rear tire hugger done in red I believe.

Sent from my XT1028 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I'd be willing to swap your blacks for my golds. You could run a red rim tape on the gold rims.

Seriously? can you send me a picture of them? I'd be willing to swap with ya.I would have to go and have mine taken off.Since I have no idea how to remove them and don't want to screw anything up.Maybe I can find a video on how to from YouTube.Let me know when you would be willing to swap.

LOL I know.....that's on my list now is to find something different.Not sure if I would be comfortable with the bar end mirrors.
I have bar ends and prefer them to the OEMs Less buffeting and a clear view behind. Like the look, not sure about the gold side covers though. Also some gold/black tuning fork decals on the tank would compliment the look. along with a gold iridium screen.

Added some red rim tape and gold windscreen bolts as suggested.I will be adding some gold rims as another member and I are going to swap rims with one another.I also redone the graphics on the tank,just one row of them.Thanks for all the suggestions,I hope this bike when done will be a one of a kind.I will be ordering some bar end mirrors later today.I've already ordered the block off plates for it.By the way I did cut the grass after I took the photos today lol.

IMG_20140504_105607793_zpsdb769f53.jpg

IMG_20140504_105512677_zps4fa1e1c5.jpg

IMG_20140504_105636004_zps898751af.jpg

IMG_20140504_111227103_zps322741ab.jpg

It looks great! Don't get too carried away or we'll have to call you Goldmember.:justkidding:

My wife is already calling me that.Today she called me Midas lol.After the rims I'm done for the gold theme.The bar end mirrors are black that I'm getting.

Last edited:
The trade for the gold rims has fallen through.Due to mine after a closer look at them the front has some chipped paint spots.So after letting the other member know,it was decided not to do a trade.I don't blame the guy one bit.Having said that I have decided against even trying to get some gold rims.I believe it would be a bit of overkill on the gold.I'm going to get my rims powder coated,found a place that does it near me.I went and bought a set of bar end mirrors.Took Iron Man lol out for a ride after installing them.WOW what a difference those make.They cover blind spots and all.Loved how I got full coverage view with them.I got the 3 inch round.

I just have to get use to where they are located instead of up on the fairing,no biggie though.My brother got here today for work as he works for me.First thing he said was,he loved the gold graphics on the bike.He just didn't really like the other pieces I painted gold.So I'm going to see if I can find shift red paint in a spray balm.Anyone know where I can buy some?

Things I have coming in to put on my bike.

Lower fairing kit
Top Sellerie seat
CopperDawg Fuza rear seat cowl
Belly pan in case I don't like the lower fairing kit
Block off plates for the stock mirrors

I also will be repainting the gold pieces with shift red paint from ColorRite.Also the rear tire hugger is going shift red.I will add pictures of the finished project once everything is in and done.

Back