AdMore Lighting Kits?

MrHix

Hi,

Read some old posts about problems with the wiring kits for AdMore lights on the Givi V35 cases: Wires too short, etc.

Has anyone installed their kit recently? Were there any problems?

Thanks for any info,

Cheers,

MrHix

Addmore

Hi,

Read some old posts about problems with the wiring kits for AdMore lights on the Givi V35 cases: Wires too short, etc.

Has anyone installed their kit recently? Were there any problems?

Thanks for any info,

Cheers,

MrHix

Hi,
The Addmore kit that I bought was GREAT! Wires are only too short if you don't route them properly. I routed them out the underside of the tail section to where the tabs for the GIVI racks go through. The ones that attach to the sub-frame. You only need pop the plastic rivet things on the plastic piece under the tail section to make it easier. I used a stiff piece of wire as a fish tape and pulled the plug clip that attaches to the bag.(quick disconnect). Do this before you do the connections inside the tail section and you will have no issues. The instructions are fairly good. If you have any problems PM me and I will answer any questions.
As for inside the bags, again test fit the wire routing before you drill (for the quick connect hole). I used extra shrink tube so that there was no exposed wire and the install was as clean as possible. Check the pictures under "MODS" for where I routed the connections for the bags.
I hope this helps.
http://www.998cc.org/forum/gen-ii-mods/6695-givi-plxr359-pics.html#post22047

Last edited:
Thanks Oldschool,

Just what I was looking for. I think I will probably (when I get the kit) do the attachment to the bike wiring under the passenger seat and route the wires with the plug over the edges under the seat so I can just coil up the wires and stick them under the seat.

Cheers,

MrHix

Link

Check the link that I added from a previous thread, the last picture shows the wires for the quick connect. I used the spot where the mould tab for the bag was. I drilled a tiny pilot hole and then used the drill bit that Addmore includes in the kit. It was the perfect spot because it was close to the bracket location. When the bags are not on the wire lead is easy to tie up with a short piece of velcro tape.

Back