Affordable passenger backrest solution for gen2?

Shag

By affordable I mean $200 or less. My wife rides with me but not very often. I searched and found some Corbin solutions but OUCH they're pricey. Is there anything currently available in the way of a passenger backrest that won't break the bank? I can't seem to find anything like that. Thank you.

I was able to buy a used Corbin rear seat from another forum member, but I could never find the right backrest, so I finally bit the bullet and just ordered the backrest directly from Corbin. It's worth it to me. I bought mine so I could take my kids on rides and not worry as much about them falling off. My wife has her own '09 Ninja 250r and doesn't ride pillion much anymore.

You could talk to Satan666 over on FZ10A. He makes a custom bracket that fits under the seat and attaches to a pad you purchase.
It's not as heavy-duty as the Corbin (wouldn't trust it with as much weight), but might be what you're looking for!

I had the Corbin set-up; it was very heavy and solid. You get what you pay for and with something like that it is worth the extra money.

Unfortunately (or fortunately) it wasn't enough to make my wife enjoy riding and I sold it and didn't take much of a hit on the sale. You should take resale value into account...

Back