aftermarket levers

Hi everyone!
I have a question - Has anybody bought on ebay cheap levers from china?? 30 - 40 $ for better looking is small price to pay, but are they any good?? How good or bad are they?

I believe that there have been a few members that bought them.....if you do a search on the subject, I'm sure something will come up.
But just remember, You get what you pay for.

I have Pazzo's on my B-king and the cheap chinese ones on my FZ. They seem about the same to me and I would buy them again. I have not had any problems with the cheap ones, I love them!

here's the two places you'll run into problems with them. one, sometimes they dont quite fit right but usually ok. two, the real problem, when you crash, they'll just snap off, where the more expensive better made ones, may just grind down on the ends. but, since they're cheap, its not the end of the world to replace them

Thanks for sharing thoughts. I heard what I needed to hear, if they work properly and have no problems, then why not to buy..? I guess they are made out of not so good quality steel, but I can live with that. Thanks!

They are made out of aluminium not steel as are most levers. I had some, they worked well but the black colour faded a bit from exposure to the sun.
My new ASV F3's have no such issues.

Sent from my Nexus 5

here's the two places you'll run into problems with them. one, sometimes they dont quite fit right but usually ok. two, the real problem, when you crash, they'll just snap off, where the more expensive better made ones, may just grind down on the ends. but, since they're cheap, its not the end of the world to replace them

Yeah, and who cares about the engineering and design done by quality engineering firms in the US or Canada, and then knocked off by workers making a few cents per hour working in sweatshops in a Communist country. It's all about the bottom line to your wallet, right?

I personal think the US should not let any imported stuff into our country. But since my trade is dead because of imported help i dont have the money to spend $200 on levers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

I had them shorty levers on my R1 they work great on the track...now have a gen 1 bought it with them levers, from cycle gear, put the stock back on, not good for touring bike FZ1

Last edited:
I personal think the US should not let any imported stuff into our country. But since my trade is dead because of imported help i dont have the money to spend $200 on levers

Then the other countries wouldn't import to the US and you'd have no Yamaha to ride, you'd be stuck with a Hardley. Add to that other countries would ban American imports and the US would have no export trade.

I buy original where I can and try to avoid splashes & flops. I also try to buy local where I can, but sometimes the bottom line is just to hard to beat.

I bought a set of these few months ago and I love them, I'm a cheapskate so I'm always trying to get the best deal for my buck, I don't race so I don't find the need to buy two three hundred dollar levers, I have to say it take about 3 weeks to get them but for the price you wont be disappointed
PD you will have to swapt the sleve inserts in one of them, cant remmber which one it was, again no big deal
Levers- Brake & Clutch for Yamaha YZV R1 R6 FZ1 Fazer R6S FZS1000, 4 Color Options - Mad Hornets

BrakeClutch-Black-3__31396.1319603290.1280.1280.jpg

Last edited:
I bought a set of these few months ago and I love them, I'm a cheapskate so I'm always trying to get the best deal for my buck, I don't race so I don't find the need to buy two three hundred dollar levers, I have to say it take about 3 weeks to get them but for the price you wont be disappointed
PD you will have to swapt the sleve inserts in one of them, cant remmber which one it was, again no big deal
Levers- Brake & Clutch for Yamaha YZV R1 R6 FZ1 Fazer R6S FZS1000, 4 Color Options - Mad Hornets

BrakeClutch-Black-3__31396.1319603290.1280.1280.jpg

These are the exact Chinese ones sold on ebay ~ $24.00, I have them for 2 years now with no problem, they still look good & function well.

Then the other countries wouldn't import to the US and you'd have no Yamaha to ride, you'd be stuck with a Hardley. Add to that other countries would ban American imports and the US would have no export trade.

I buy original where I can and try to avoid splashes & flops. I also try to buy local where I can, but sometimes the bottom line is just to hard to beat.

Nada on the Harley Buell would be ok . For years i only bought American cars and trucks and i would still be doing so if there wasnt a better Japanese car available. Besides the two brand new mopar trucks i bought were made in Mexico. If you take all the imported parts off a Harley it would be a metal frame and part of a motor not much more
dagarezy.jpg
. Now this is an american car!!!!

black colour faded a bit from exposure to the sun.

Yup! If your bike spends a lot of time in the sun, black will fade in about 1 season. It'll turn to bronze color. Will not affect function, obviously.

I've had 2 sets (1 on FZ6 and 1 on FZ1) for many years.. no issues, besides fading.

They do sell slightly more expensive folding ones, if you're worried about levers snapping in a crash.

Back