Aftermarket round headlight

Hello everyone my 02 fz is naked and Im looking for a nice aftermarket round headlight. At first I was going to buy a cheap streetfighter headlight off eBay. But I want something 7inch or bigger and also side mounted . Has anyone put a single
Headlight on a fz?? I was looking at a vrod healight but thought it would be to small

If anyone can point me in the direction where I can find a nice headlight besides eBay.
Thanks
Richard

Aztec8 seems to be the preferred source for headlights around the cafe racers. They have nice stuff. It's a little more expensive but after reading and reading - everyone seems to agree that you get what you pay for.

Motorcycle Conversion Headlight Kits

I'm looking at them to get a headlight for my R1 to make it street legal.
You seem to already know to stay away from those cheap (Not DOT approved) headlights on Ebay. They just don't put out enough light and you can't rewire them without the plastic melting.

Those Aztec8 7" round lights are copies of the OEM headlights that came with the SV650N, Honda 919 and etc.

If they reflect light in the same manner as the OEM units do, they're pretty decent with a good H4 bulb. You might be better off scooping up a used OEM unit in that case, it might be cheaper

Those Aztec8 7" round lights are copies of the OEM headlights that came with the SV650N, Honda 919 and etc.

If they reflect light in the same manner as the OEM units do, they're pretty decent with a good H4 bulb. You might be better off scooping up a used OEM unit in that case, it might be cheaper

Ok thanks for the input.
What do u think of this headlight it's off eBay
The item number is
Is this cheapo or nice?
Thanks

Best single round headlight I've found is the OEM SV650N. It has great output and an awesome light pattern. Also, simple to mount with the OEM SV brackets.

:)

new member here! great forum!

I just bought a wrecked 02 and am going the round headlight setup.

I first bought a complete headlight assembly off a mid 80's kawasaki vulcan for 35 shipped (including the mounts) and i got what you might expect...a nice flat lens h4 but the rest needs painting. this was the cheapest setup i could find and easy to buy as they made 2000 boat loads of vulcan 700, 750s and ltd 454's which use the same setup.

the 7 inch might be a bit small for this bike and per someones suggestion on the forum, i shopped for the 8 inch found on the gs1150 suzuki. expensive and hard to find...you'll pay at 200 bucks for something like this and if the silver reflective material is peeling, you might be screwed as i couldn't find a replacement.

i did discover that a ducati monster headlight is metric in size and falls somewhere between 7 and 8 inches. just bought a nice one of ebay for 80 shipped so it'll be interesting to see just how much bigger it is and just how nice it might be.

at the very least, i can say my bike has ducati parts on it.

i should have the ducati setup this week. if you want the vulcan pieces i'm not using, you can have them for 35 shipped.

good luck!

Back