air filter replac..

Hi guys...im new to this so please bare with me...ive got an 02 FZ1 and im looking for a vid on how to replace the air cleaner..according to what ive seen... there is only 1 and not a set of 4..so it doesnt seem like it would be too hard...ive had alot of horror stories as far as it NOT being easy to do...HELP...please...lol

Hi guys...im new to this so please bare with me...ive got an 02 FZ1 and im looking for a vid on how to replace the air cleaner..according to what ive seen... there is only 1 and not a set of 4..so it doesnt seem like it would be too hard...ive had alot of horror stories as far as it NOT being easy to do...HELP...please...lol

Welcome Hunter! It's more than easy to do. I'll PM you the method I used.

The filter comes oiled. You will need the oil and cleaner when you want to service the filter. Might as well get them all together to save on shipping.

i am not sure if it is the same as the 07, but that was easy. just make sure you test start the bike before you secure everything. i put everything back on mine, started it and it threw a light. i had forgotten to plug in the sensor wire to the top of the aibox and had to take it all back apart. good luck

guys, gen2 is a completely different bike...yes the air filter is somehow under the tank but that's about it

you have 1 allen bolt 6 or 8 mm (I don't remember) right at the steering neck ,
then 2 hex 10 mm bolts under the seat, but first raise the tank and turn the petcock in off position and disconnect fuel hoses and fuel guage wire... you'll see what to do next

there's no sensor, nothing can go wrong, just use all the screws when you put it back together :)

Back