American Chopper

FSTZ1

Is it just me, but it seems like the show American Chopper has just about worn itself out? Same old thing, JR not getting along with SR, another "most high tech bike they've ever built", another over-priced corporate bike that will never really be ridden. :surrender::surrender:

Is it just me, but it seems like the show American Chopper has just about worn itself out? Same old thing, JR not getting along with SR, another "most high tech bike they've ever built", another over-priced corporate bike that will never really be ridden. :surrender::surrender:

Trust me, you not alone! The show has definitely run it's course. It was inevitable that this would happen. The days of "high priced" custom choppers are gone. Maybe not forever, but for now. Only a select few would buy one at those prices, especially in this economy.

As for the show, it's ridiculous. The more they run this "family at war" course, the more people are going to dislike him (Paul Sr.). What father would choose his money and fame over his flesh and blood?! Not to mention that the show is no longer about building cool motorcycles. It's become just another one those poor excuses for a reality TV show. If I had a great business and couldn't share the fruits with my own family, I wouldn't want it, and I would never leave my son (Mikey), out in the cold in a real time of need, especially since Sr.'s addiction is a big factor as to why his sons turned out the way they did. For him, a former alcoholic and drug addict, he should have some compassion for his son's plight and put everything aside and try to help. In my opinion, the entire family is disfunctional and should all be in therapy together.

The show used to be about artists like JR put into places (and situations) to seek inspiration and build a one of a kind art work. These days it is all about egos, money, fame ohh and by the way they build bikes too.

American Chopper is shit, Vinnie was the only bloke who was worth watching and did all the work.

That show always struck me as; "We buy a frame and then go to the local truck stop and buy as much chrome as possible and then weld it to the frame and call it custom."

I enjoy WCC shows, "Motorcycle Mania 2" and what not. Jesse James is good stuff. Hates people, doesn't care who you are, builds his crap for real.

Shows like OCC only show humanity at it's lowest level. I'm not sure it was ever about motorcycles and if it was, they were so outlandish you cold never use one for riding anyway. This type of show only gives us an idea of how low we'll go for entertainment, and boy, is it ever low.

Back