Another Test Ride

Is in the works, this time a BMW K1300S. Anyone has or had one, or even riden one before? Share your experience please. It looks longer than my FZ on the net, I will see it in person sometime next week.

I rode the previous generation one, a K1200S, I believe. It was modded to the gills. I couldn't keep the front wheel on the ground. One of the scariest fast bikes I've ever tried. I don't think I have anywhere near the skills for that kind of bike.

I had the opportunity to ride one 2 years ago at the AMA Women's Conference. Gawd, it was wicked fast, fun, and handled nice. But a bit too much bike for me.
Do hope you'll let us know how you liked it :)

Never rode one, but a buddy has one and it's a pretty nice bike. It's definitely plenty fast. I did get to test ride the new K1600GT back in June. Nice bike, plenty of power and it rode and handled well. Just not what I'm used to...I would certainly never spend that kind of money anyway.

I'm nosey, adding or replacing? I did the yamaha demo day and hated the position on the r1. That's when I realized I'm not a true sportbike kindof girl. :)

Adding (in my mind at least). I too have come to the realization that I am not a real sportbike kinda person. The riding position is a little too extreme for me to be riding everyday, and i ride everyday (almost). I've already racked up 17,600 miles on my leftover 07 I bought brand new last April.

Last edited:
I rode one last year. I really like it. Tractor like torque, handled well and had fantastic brakes. It feels bigger than the FZ and is heavier. Quirks Brake warning light comes on randomly and fuel gauges go bad quickly (my friend has had his replaced 4 times). Seating position is more sporty than the FZ and has better wind protection.

Nice all arounder. I've been on a good amount of BMW's line up over the last year and the stand out for me is the GS 1200. It is a must have one for me.

Back