Anti Freeze

Last year during the summer, I changed my AntiFreeze and added water wetter to it. I got the Kawasaki antifreeze from the Yamaha dealer who said it was fine to use and mixed it per the instructions in the manual and the water wetter bottle.

During this summer I noticed the bike was giving off more heat, not less. Later when I rode Stella, she was noticeably cooler than Baby. I'm thinking I need to change the AntiFreeze again. Is it possible adding the water wetter and not changing the antifreeze this summer caused the added heat?

I'll likely mix it with water wetter again but this time be more diligent about how long I let it stay in there. I'd like to just go to the auto parts store and get some, but I don't know what kind (Brand) to get. Can anyone recommend a brand or tell me what I need to look for? Thanks.

I'd just like to add a clarification. Stella is a lot cooler. :) (because she is silver). But seriously. I rode baby for less than 5 miles and felt like my shins were burning. My old FJ would feel like that, but it was air cooled and that was when I was stuck in traffic. I had TheWolfTamer bike running 40 - 50 and felt that much heat. I am thinking she needs to check / replace the thermostat.

Back