Any recent tire upgrade opinions? / brands / models to stay away from?

DaveC

This tire tech talk section of the forum has got a lot of dust on it.......certainly tires have been updated since it was last alive.

I'm considering upgrading tires as my current pair are embarrassingly older than I'd like to admit.
Sad part is they have plenty of tread depth and no cracking, but age and hardness is my concern.

So for someone who isn't stacking miles on his bike-a fair weather rider with no destination in mind and no plans on going too far.......

Is there are recommended sport bike tire to look at or better yet a brand or model in particular to stay away from?

Honestly you can’t go wrong with any of the leading manufacturers and it’s all down to grip vs tire life preferences….

Ive tried most of them over the years and the only ones I avoid are any that are made in China. But that’s just a personal preference and not based on experience….

I love my new Q3+‘S…

This tire tech talk section of the forum has got a lot of dust on it.......certainly tires have been updated since it was last alive.

I'm considering upgrading tires as my current pair are embarrassingly older than I'd like to admit.
Sad part is they have plenty of tread depth and no cracking, but age and hardness is my concern.

So for someone who isn't stacking miles on his bike-a fair weather rider with no destination in mind and no plans on going too far.......

Is there are recommended sport bike tire to look at or better yet a brand or model in particular to stay away from?

Stay away from, I don't know, but I just installed a set of Bridgestone S-22's and they are excellent. I just came off a set of T-31's and decided to step up and get the S-model tires for this season. For the price, in my honest opinion, you can't go wrong with the S-22's.

Thanks for the reply, I went with the Michelin-pilot-power-2ct tires.
mostly because of the $60 rebate they were offering and going off Cycle Gear employe recommendation.

my previous tires were 2009 model battle ax and still looked good , probably should have stuck with those.

So far so good with these new ones, I only have 25 or so miles on them so still in break in period.

FWIW, I received the $60 rebate gift card in the mail today.
I always wonder if I'll get lost in the shuffle with those things but this one with Michelin actually paid out.

I have yet to run a tire I did not like.

My last couple of sets have been the Shinko Ravens:

I mostly commute and the long life coupled with the good price has been a solid choice for me.

Back