Any suggestions on Handlebars for GEN 1

My stock handlebars are slightly bent due to previous owner dropping the bike in the garage. I've heard Renthals are a good supplier. Also, I'm pretty tall at 6'1" and wondering about height specs for handlebars.

thanks

seems to be alot of that going on -- Gen II owners purchasing things for a Gen I.

although I can't bail you out of this one for I'm still paying for the first bailout.....

Was it purchased new/used?

Adam

seems to be alot of that going on -- Gen II owners purchasing things for a Gen I.

although I can't bail you out of this one for I'm still paying for the first bailout.....

Was it purchased new/used?

Adam

Brand spankin new. I opened up the bag it came in and looked at the instructions and it said 2005 thats when I did a big /facepalm DOH! Now I'm just looking to sell em and get a bit of money back, as well as save someone else some cash.

but now what are you planning to do for the handle bar?

I should mention that another avenue to explore is to use the stock risers and actually flip the bars so they become upside down. Gives you a tad bit lower, and I had only tried it in the garage. Others have reported they have been successful with minimal interference from lock to lock.

but you will not be successful if you try to do it with your newly acquired GYTR lower riser.....

Last edited:
but now what are you planning to do for the handle bar?

I should mention that another avenue to explore is to use the stock risers and actually flip the bars so they become upside down. Gives you a tad bit lower, and I had only tried it in the garage. Others have reported they have been successful with minimal interference from lock to lock.

but you will not be successful if you try to do it with your newly acquired GYTR lower riser.....
Well

I'm thinking about buying some of those handlebars you suggested earlier, from Suburban Machinery bars, I like the way the look, obviously you can tell I'm trying for the more agressive sitting position on my Fz1. I'm also considering some "ultral low" handlebars from Renthals, regardless I need to do something, my stock bars are slightly bent and its enough to make things not feel just right. I hear the renthals are used alot for the off road bikes, but I also hear they take a beating and can probably withstand a fall better than the stock steel tubes. Have you tried the Suburban's bars?

Gen II bars for the cheapest option (around 30.00)
more expensive -- Suburban Machinery bars (SM2)
******you can even get a lower position by using a GYTR lower riser
still more $$$ -- Convertibars

Here are my "straight bars" that came with the bike. I still have the stock risers, but I could imagine them with the set of low risers. They would be really low down then.

dcp_4467.jpg

Here are my \\"straight bars\\" that came with the bike. I still have the stock risers, but I could imagine them with the set of low risers. They would be really low down then.

dcp_4467.jpg
I really like this setup, do you know where I can buy a bar like this? I was trying to find this earlier but had no luck. thanks for uploading the pics.

Mike

The bike actually came with the bars but I do have a link saved. I'll pass it along to you, just give me a few minutes. I have just switched back to XP from Vista and I haven't set up all my saved links yet. Very soon though. Hang tight.

Back