Anyone else had an awesome ride today?

Took a ride with my buddy that just totaled his Indian. He got back on the horse and bought a Suzuki GSX8r. Total turn around from the last bike?? We headed out to Asbury Park to the beach. Nice Ride!

Attachments

• 20240624_184726.jpg
    20240624_184726.jpg
    641.3 KB · Views: 4
  • 20240624_184237.jpg
    20240624_184237.jpg
    636 KB · Views: 4
  • 20240624_184439.jpg
    20240624_184439.jpg
    597.3 KB · Views: 4
Did you see the Boss....... (Springsteen). Odds are he was having plastic surgery that day.
you been to the Stone Pony?

I saw him at the Music Inn at Tanglewood, MA when he was just starting and I was a teen.

Here's my "Awesome Ride" tale from that concert..................Saw a girl I knew well from my home town who was there with a date who I did not know. She was upset because the date had dropped his first hit of acid (1972) and couldn't drive the 120 miles home. I was there with four other guys and hadn't driven there. She asked if I would be willing to drive her and the date home in his car, which she said was a manual, which she couldn't drive? I was a little shit faced, but not tripping, so I agreed to drive them home.

We got out to the Tanglewood parking lot about midnight and the date's (father's) car was a new Plymouth Super Bird with the giant snout and spoiler in the back. The ones that could do 180 on a Nascar track. My eyes lit up thinking this is going to be great. Those cars are un-obtainium now days and well into high six figures.

Me and my buddy got in the front and she and the guy got in the back. In the hour and a half that it took to drive them home the date never stopped screaming this was his Dad's new car and he would kill him if something happened to it. So we got back to our hometown without incident and pulled off RT90 (Mass pike). My other two friends were behind us in their car. We were at the end of the exit ramp ready to cross the street and pull into a bar parking lot. The plan was to turn the car over to the date, and give the girl a ride home.

The last car thru the traffic light at 2am was a beautiful jacked up 69 green Mustang Fast Back set up like Bullit's car, when he saw us he did a 180 degree full smoke show burn out in the middle of the street to reverse direction and pull in behind the SuperBird in the parking lot. Two giant guys ran up ripped the doors open and start screaming that I stole their car. It was the father (car's owner) and brother in the brother's car. What are the odds? Eventually he see's his son in the back seat, and that's when the rest of us escaped. No go deed

Had the worst ride of my life yesterday on the way to the spine doc. 40mph winds with gusts to 60 and rain that puts washington state to shame. On s23's with 60 miles on em. The ride back was awesome though as the sun broke thru and i could rip on the bike. On the plus side my neck is stable, fkd up but stable. There is no pain like nerve pain.

Back