Anyone else use the site reputation?

Another forum where I am a moderator just changed over to the same platform at 998cc.org and because I moderator over there I have been digging in deeper to learn more about the software. The previous version of that other site (mtbr.com) had a reputation system that was important to a number of the posters there and continues to be.

Once I learned how it worked there I actually took a look at how it is being used here and noticed that it hardly is being used at all.

I went back and added some "likes" to posts of people I know an respect on this site to "boost" their reputation(reaction score). You can see the effects of it on these ladder boards:

The "points" cap at 38 for number of posts one has made on this site when you get above 1000 posts, the only way to get more "trophies" to increase the points is from reception of "likes" to increase your reaction score.

Check it out!

I'm on mtbr.com and find the reputation system useless. I find a lot of the members are pretty petty over stupid crap. I'd really hate to see this site go the same way.

when the only thing you can do is "like" a post or do nothing.... there is no pettiness I can see.

yes, the old MTBR system where you could give negative rep certainly could spawn problems. But that system is gone.

Back