Anyone is Sydney with an FCE?

The way people go on about the FCE on the other forum, I think I need to ride an FZ1 with the FCE fitted just to see what all the fuss is about.

My own bike is pretty sweet fueling wise but some people are saying that their bikes are dangerous without the FCE fitted?
I don't understand how that can be as my own bike is very smooth and predictable with the throttle.

Anyone in Sydney with the FCE want to do a swap one day and see the differences in our bikes?

I recently rode a 06 lightly Modded with a FCE and could not tell the difference. The owner then rode mine and wanted to trade for my bike. He commented on getting error codes when temps drop below 50 degrees F. I have read that others have had this problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I recently rode a 06 lightly Modded with a FCE and could not tell the difference. The owner then rode mine and wanted to trade for my bike. He commented on getting error codes when temps drop below 50 degrees F. I have read that others have had this problem.

On the '06 the FCE is sort of a "needed" mod. On the newer bikes, especially the '10 and '11, with the revised fueling it's probably not as critical. I have never gotten the error codes from the low temps, but I do get the one for the side stand if I forget to put it up before trying to start the bike.

On the '06 the FCE is sort of a "needed" mod. On the newer bikes, especially the '10 and '11, with the revised fueling it's probably not as critical. I have never gotten the error codes from the low temps, but I do get the one for the side stand if I forget to put it up before trying to start the bike.

I was having trouble with mine with error codes, soldered the connections and it and its been sweet ever since. I found the connectors supplied crap, also cable tie it in place so it doesn't flop about. I have an 06 and shes as smooth as.

My 06 is fine without one, purchased one, could not tell any difference in power. Yes there was no fuel cut but the error light gave me the bloody shits. I now have no flys or spindles and mapped well i do not notice the fuel cut. I ride fairly hard and do not have any problems with the fueling, bike will power mono into 3rd. Compared to some bikes I have ridden the FZ1 is smooth as silk.

with the problems I have heard of I will not buy one.After riding johnnys bike i believe the Powercommander will smooth most of the fueling issues out.I dont even notice it on my 08 since its been that way for almost 14k miles

Hi Crew,
I have a 06 with airbox mod,k&n ,ais blocked and two brothers can. I have fitted the FCE . it simply changed a pig of a bike from on /off throttle to as smooth as silk .
It is not intended to develop power or torque it is simply a smoothing of the(fuelling ) throttle in on/off situations above approx 5k revs, i also beleive that after the 06 model the fuelling has been smoothed . i also ride pretty hard
To each his own but i simply know from my expereince that it changed my thing to a thing of beauty.

Back