Anyone swapped out the front master cylinder?

Wh0M3

I was just wondering because I was thinking about swapping the factory for something different like from an R1 or a universal. I was thinking about doing this because I installed convertibars and my front brake seems to hit against the front fairing or the grip hits the tank at full left and right positions. I was wondering if I could get around this by swapping it out for a more traditional sport bike option because I could relocate the reservoir to a different location.

I am a Convertibars user myself. You will always have clearance issues going lower. Others have limited the steering by modifying the steering stops. However, you may get a few more degrees using the R1 MC with remote res.

I have the r1 setup on my bike. Word of caution, the banjo bolt on the r1 mc is 60mm further out towards the end of the bar. I had to install new lines to accomodate the extra length.

I know the range will be an issue with trying to go lower. I just want to be able to lock the column but I also would like the brake lever to be similar to the clutch lever. I have adjustable levers and they are set different to try and have them the same. (If that makes sense)

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

RE:

My FZ has R1 forks and steel braided lines. For a while U used a R1 Master Cylinder. I didn't like the way it looked so I swapped it our for a FZ one. I still have the R1 MC, if you want it I can let it go for cheap. PM me..

Back