Anyone tried Motoport gear?

I've been reading a lot of reviews/opinions about Motorport gear (motoport.com). Their stuff appeals to me because it mesh for summer riding, without sacrificing protection (or so it seems). And they advertise with the liner its good down to 20 degrees. Really all I want is quality gear that offers a high level of safety that I can use any season.

Almost all the reviews I've read about their stuff is nothing but praise. The only negative reviews I've seen had to do with the fit of their equipment...which is something this company will work with you one anyways. The other "con" is their stuff is pricy -- to the tune of $1000-$1200 for a jacket and pants combo. IMO its worth it if the stuff really is as good as its cracked up to be.

Can anyone offer an opinion about this gear? I keep hearing about how hot the Aerostitch suit is so I'm leaning towards the motoport gear.

Well I had never heard of this company, but just looked at their website. The gear seems well made, but overpriced IMHO. There are plenty of mesh jackets/pants out there that will offer good protection while keeping you cool at a more reasonable cost.

I tried the Stitch suit but didn't fit well so I returned it. Good stuff but agree it's too hot for Ca riding.

I have the stretch kevlar (not mesh) cycleport gear and love it. I do wear a olympia mesh jacket for 80+ days as the cycleport jacket is too hot.Perhaps this year I will buy their motoport mesh jacket.

I have not crash tested their gear but some of the FJR boys have and it did very well.

Pros:you do not have to remove the pads to wash it
very comfy and holding up well but the black is starting to fade -I have well over 50,000 miles wearing it.

Cons: I bought the rain liners and what a PIA because they go under the gear so if you think it's going to rain they need to go on plus the gear gets a bit heavy when water logged. I would instead buy a rain suit that goes over the gear so it can be put on when the rain starts if needed.
Fugly, ya it's not the best looking gear but I don't have to look at it so works for me.
Cost- a lot but then whats money if it saves your hide sliding down the road. Not suppose to melt from the friction like regular textile gear. My plan is to never find out.

Where are you in ca? If down south ride in and see Wayne- he was good to work with 4 years ago when I bought mine. If you are up north and want to see mine I'm near Colfax on I 80.

Last edited:
Back