back to the dark side

Congrats!!! As much as I "dislike" cruisers, I have ridden a Warrior and actually want one. I figure if I can get used to the forward controls, it would be great. I've also ridden a friend's Raider. While the Raider handled way better than I ever expected, my foggy memory still gives the cornering to the Warrior. The Warrior made me want one, but the Raider did not make me want it.

I'm just not used to short shifting to really accelerate. It's so opposite of the FZ. Tons of torque down low, but nothing up top. (Sounds like some girls I knew... Hehehe)

Great looking bike. I'm with you on the anti chrome scheme. I also don't hate the stovepipe stock exhaust. I personally don't care for the trumpet exhaust that the PO has on it. But everyone has their own taste.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
trumpet is right! Fugly! I gotta find a pic of my old warrior it was almost done when I sold it.I just bought a spare rear wheel as a core for my big tire kit and also negotiating for a front wheel.I wanna save the wheels off the warrior to try and fit them up to wifeys vstar 1300 since it came with crappy 16" wheels

I am freakin beat worked on the Warrior all day yesterday doesnt seem like its moving very fast but installed new plugs the old ones were totally trashed bike is running way to rich may have to spring for a custom map.Cleaned and oiled the filters fixed a few issues under the tank just getting familiar with everything on the bike.Got a bunch more stuff blacked out.My new front pulley should be here tommorrow and that finishes the rear of the bike for now.Hoping to get to the bodyshop tommorrow to get the tins all sanded and prepped for paint.I just wanna ride the beast hopefully in another week...View attachment 13921

View attachment 13922

View attachment 13923

View attachment 13924

I've heard those Warrior bikes are pretty slow and can't corner worth a damn. :stirpot:
I dont know how to ride so it doesnt really matter.Shag since you showed up its only a matter of time till all the other riff raff litter this fine site :dontknow:

been busting my azz workin on the warrior and got lots done.picked the tins up friday and took a short ride saturday,worked on a couple more things polished her up then rode about 4 hours today.did my best to grind the pipes and pegs off,ran her all the way to rev limiter in 5th which is about 127 blinding MPH but damn that bike is fun to ride.still got lots of work to do different wheels get rid of about all the chrome etc. hers how she looks when I left this morning..View attachment 14071

View attachment 14072

View attachment 14073

View attachment 14074

The paint is black sand pearl,a toyota color it really pops in the sun has plenty of metalflake in it.Wish i could take credit for the paint but i just did the prep.

I like what I see. Change the pipe when you can and maybe the handle bars. Now we need some video while riding it! :sport12:

Yea, maybe some pipes like these Vance & Hines ;)

attachment.php

Well I guess we all have different tastes. To me aesthetically the dual pipes just look better :dontknow:

While I appreciate the Dale Walker pipe that looks sporty, I have to agree with Tony that the dual pipes have a better aesthetics IMHO. But don't let me change your mind. You should do what you like best. I like the Corbin seat on your previous bike too.

While I appreciate the Dale Walker pipe that looks sporty, I have to agree with Tony that the dual pipes have a better aesthetics IMHO. But don't let me change your mind. You should do what you like best. I like the Corbin seat on your previous bike too.
my mind wont be changed but thats why they make all kinds of different stuff we all got ideas of what looks best.My last one had a gen 2 Speedstar pipe,Samson street sweepers then a stock pipe then finallythe dale walker

Back