Bar ends and mirrors

PK1

Folks,

I'm considering replacing the oem mirrors on my 2010 FZ1N with bar end mirrors....possibly Rizoma Reverse Retros.

However, I need some advice re the bar ends......

1. Are yamaha bar ends different to other makes?

2. Can anyone recommend some?

3. Has anyone fitted the Reverse Retro mirrors?

4. Any other suggestions?

Rgds,

PK

I have CRG Arrow bar End Mirrors and Rhinomoto bar end mirror mount sliders.

Check out this post from one of my threads, it's got some good pics of the mirrors and bar ends.
The mirrors can be mounted in plenty of angles and positions, I love them.
http://www.998cc.org/forum/54223-post15.html

You can buy them locally from www.bikegearwarehouse.com.au for not much more than OS but you'll have to buy the bar end mirror mounts from RhinoMoto Sliders, Fork Sliders, Swingarm Sliders, Bar End Sliders, frame Sliders

You need to buy the 05+ R1 bar end mirror mounts as the bar end mounts are different to the FZ1S.

Last edited:
Folks,

I'm considering replacing the oem mirrors on my 2010 FZ1N with bar end mirrors....possibly Rizoma Reverse Retros.

However, I need some advice re the bar ends......

1. Are yamaha bar ends different to other makes?

2. Can anyone recommend some?

3. Has anyone fitted the Reverse Retro mirrors?

4. Any other suggestions?

Rgds,
PK

If you are considering Rizomas, then YES, Yamaha ends are different. I believe they are tapered where the Rizomas are uniform.

PJ's Parts is a good source to view options, as well as purchase. PJ/Paige will take care of you.

I have fitted the Reverse Retros and loved them! Visibility withing the mirror was clear, but I chose to go back to stock mirrors when I got a Givi hardbag setup and top case.

see link to PJ's

Good Luck

Thanks gents. Both the CRG and Rizomas look really good. I'll look into the 04-06 R1 barends...thanks Ballmead.

Rgds,

PK

Thanks gents. Both the CRG and Rizomas look really good. I'll look into the 04-06 R1 barends...thanks Ballmead.

Rgds,

PK

Actually they are the 05+ R1 bar ends, I messed it up a little.
They have a 6mm bolt through them and inside the stock FZ1-N handlebar is a rubber adaptor with 6mm thread.
This is the link for them: http://www.e-securedsite.com/RHINOM...rFor=&collection=4|Barend Sliders and Mirrors

The FZ1-S has a 16mm threaded bar end instead.
I'm not sure why they are different but they are.

I got my Rizoma reverse retro mirrors from PJ, great service...

Actually, I just recently took off my mirrors so I could try out some R6 OEM mirrors in the stock location. If I decide to go this way, I may have a set of Rizoma mirrors for sale soon...

Here are a few pics with them mounted using Rizoma barends:

P1030452.jpg

P1030451.jpg

Hi,

Anyone solve the problem with rizoma bar ends?
I've been tring to put them yesterday, it took me 3 hours, and I gave up...

HELP:smokin2:

Look what i've found:

It's from rizoma official site:"MA512 cannot be used in combination with BS070 and BS144 mirrors.
Yamaha T-max, MT01,XJ6, FZ1, FZ6: needs adapters MA600B"

Last edited:
I'm running MA502 bar ends with my mirrors - they are NOT tapered like the MA512s.
I don't think you will be able to use any sort of clamp on bar end mirror without bar ends that maintain a constant diameter.
:confused:

I'm running MA502 bar ends with my mirrors - they are NOT tapered like the MA512s.
I don't think you will be able to use any sort of clamp on bar end mirror without bar ends that maintain a constant diameter.
:confused:

So there is no chance tu put them on... I need to buy those adapters.
Please correct me if I'm wrong.

depending on the bar end you have, some need machined down to give the clamp the right size post to clamp to. Gen 1 bars are threaded and only take certain bar ends. I purchased new bar ends, but had the hole in the center machined so my CRG's simply bolt through on the end.

Bottom line - LOVE EM. Reduce turbulence, clean up the view, and I can constantly monitor with a glance.

Attachments

• pyrogenic-albums-arnim-s-fz-picture1026-fz1bytheriver.jpg
    pyrogenic-albums-arnim-s-fz-picture1026-fz1bytheriver.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 91
Rizoma bar ends are universal size except some yamaha models including FZ1, FZ6 Mt-01 and T Max.

I'm trying to order adapters. That shoul fix the problem. I'll let You guys know when I'll install them on my bike,

Thanks for helping me!

Folks,

I can report that I have just fitted MA502 Rizoma Bar-Ends and Rizoma Reverse Retro Mirrors to my FZ1n......unfortunately I haven't had a chance to take ride and test them. I must say they do look good! I purchased them from PJ's and can say, as many of you already have, their service was very good. Delivery time to Australia was about 6 -7 days.

Anyway, for the info of riders of the naked FZ1N (as opposed to naked riders) I can advise that all you need to do to fit the MA502 bar ends is remove the rubber expanding mounting mechanism and, using one of the supplied alloy spacers, screw them direct into the standard FZ1N bar end mount.....easy. The bar end mirrors then mount (using the supplied thin white plastic sleeve) to the bar-ends....easy.

PK1

Folks,

I can report that I have just fitted MA502 Rizoma Bar-Ends and Rizoma Reverse Retro Mirrors to my FZ1n......unfortunately I haven't had a chance to take ride and test them. I must say they do look good! I purchased them from PJ's and can say, as many of you already have, their service was very good. Delivery time to Australia was about 6 -7 days.

Anyway, for the info of riders of the naked FZ1N (as opposed to naked riders) I can advise that all you need to do to fit the MA502 bar ends is remove the rubber expanding mounting mechanism and, using one of the supplied alloy spacers, screw them direct into the standard FZ1N bar end mount.....easy. The bar end mirrors then mount (using the supplied thin white plastic sleeve) to the bar-ends....easy.

PK1

Come on PK1, you know the drill. Pictures or it didn't happen :)

Back