Bars

fullcircle

I have started to install new bars on my GenII. They are a 2 1/2 inch rise and are slightly wider than stock, looks like the clutch cable will be ok after some minor rerouting. Brake line is tight so will replace with SS lines. For thoe's that have replaced the bars on their bike's did you drill the new bars for the alignment pins on the control housings or did you just file the pins down?

Pics to follow when done.

I dremmelled off the pins and I'm glad I did because I moved the position of some of the switch gear around a few times before I was happy with their position.
I used a small amount of electrical tape under all the switchgear, throttle tube etc and nothing has moved.

Thanks for the input. One on each side of the fence. My first thought was that the switch pods may move. However being able to move them around is a good idea, as is using tape on the bar to make them clamp down a little tighter. Leving for holidays in a few days so will finish the swap when I get home.

Thanks again.

You've probably made up your mind already :) but I usually drill the bars.

Trimming off the alignment pin will probably work OK (As stated by the others here), but the housings were not engineered to clamp tight enough to prevent movement even with electrical tape as a make-shift shim, so be careful not to over tighten the housings if they start moving around. In place of electrical tape, you might try 2-sided carpet tape. The adhesive on both sides should help.

I file the pins. I like to experiment with bar position and currently have them tilted down. I used a 1/2 inch of rubberized tape under the plastic clam-shell of the turn signal pod and, as is said, "works for me". :sport12:

Back