Best Risers

I've looked around a bit at risers to lower the handlebars for my '01 - are the Yamaha GYTR risers the best option? They seem to be the best-priced as far as I've found.

Thanks for any input!

They are a great option for the Gen I bikes as they fit w/o any issues and are already black to match the rest of the bike. I guess if you don't mind spending the money then the Rizoma's are nice too.

They are a great option for the Gen I bikes as they fit w/o any issues and are already black to match the rest of the bike. I guess if you don't mind spending the money then the Rizoma's are nice too.
I recall a write-up some years ago, either in Cycle World or Sport-bike I think where they were exploring all the possabilities and the parts were Yamaha accessories 'GYTR', and how they looked, their placement and how the fit was in reguard to hands-tank and pinching between the two. It seemed if I remember that there was some tight fitting, but not anything one couldnt deal with, but that the ergonimics turned out to be great for those wanting a more sportbike like fittment. I'v also heard that as of late that either the bars or risers were discontinued......couldn't swear to it though.

I recall a write-up some years ago, either in Cycle World or Sport-bike I think where they were exploring all the possabilities and the parts were Yamaha accessories 'GYTR', and how they looked, their placement and how the fit was in reguard to hands-tank and pinching between the two. It seemed if I remember that there was some tight fitting, but not anything one couldnt deal with, but that the ergonimics turned out to be great for those wanting a more sportbike like fittment. I'v also heard that as of late that either the bars or risers were discontinued......couldn't swear to it though.

In the July 2001 Motorcyclist comparo of the FZ1, ZRX1200R and Bandit 1200 (the FZ1 won of course), they describe the GYTR risers as creating a "superbly comfortable position."

Markcnp,

Where are you planning to buy these from? Are they discontinued, because I can't fine them.

I didn't realize that they were not available. I am in the process of getting the fork seals done and I've ordered a new windshield. My next purchase was going to be the risers - I hadn't figured out yet where I was going to get them.

I'm going to wait until I have my bike back from the shop (apparently the FZ1 forks are a bit oddball as the shop I took my bike to needs to purchase a special tool to do the seals and I've got to wait for this). And I've also got to wait for Zero Gravity to manufacture a double bubble for me as apparently they don't have any in stock. It seems as though the FZ1 is a real rarity!

Anyhow, if anyone knows where the risers may be available, maybe they can let us know!

Thanks!

I didn't realize that they were not available. I am in the process of getting the fork seals done and I've ordered a new windshield. My next purchase was going to be the risers - I hadn't figured out yet where I was going to get them.

I'm going to wait until I have my bike back from the shop (apparently the FZ1 forks are a bit oddball as the shop I took my bike to needs to purchase a special tool to do the seals and I've got to wait for this). And I've also got to wait for Zero Gravity to manufacture a double bubble for me as apparently they don't have any in stock. It seems as though the FZ1 is a real rarity!

Anyhow, if anyone knows where the risers may be available, maybe they can let us know!

Thanks!

I've seen them on occasion come up for sale on eBay or the FZ1OA forum. If you're not in a hurry then wait it out.

Back