Best screen for Yamaha FZ1S

I had a huge touring screen on mine ,yes it put the air onto my helet,very noisey.
upthehill.jpg

So i then trimmed it by three or four inches and the difference is very good,the air is alot smoother and quiet.
dirtyfzs1.jpg

Another thing is the angle of the screen, the touring ones seem to be very upright, so causing a lot turbulence, the sportier screens are lay back more, aerodynamics in action.

Billy

6 plastic screws and about 5 minutes. ;) Because they are plastic, you need to be super careful about how tight they are put on. And they are plastic for a safety reason. They are designed to shear off and let the screen break away rather that shatter and leave jagged edges for the rider to get injured on in a crash.

I can attest to the benefit of this as during my wreck the MRA vario touring screen I had on did snap in half and the plastic screws did sheer off.

Screen updates

Do not buy Yamaha touring screen it will melt the dash acts like magnifying glass great for wind but bad on dash
I am using Puig Light Smoke Touring wind screen I'm 5.10 no helmet buffeting some on shoulders on windy days:sport12:

Do not buy Yamaha touring screen it will melt the dash acts like magnifying glass great for wind but bad on dash
I am using Puig Light Smoke Touring wind screen I'm 5.10 no helmet buffeting some on shoulders on windy days:sport12:
The melting can happen with even the stock screen if parked at a certain angle. If parking in the sun you want the sun behind the screen, not in front of it. This way it can't magnify the rays of the sun.

screens

I bought and modified several shields but still too much noise with my Scorpion helmet, so bit the bullet and bought the Madstad shield and mounts. What a difference! Should have bought it first and saved a lot of money.

I've seen the CD Speedscreen 2 and it looks tits.

Just wondering, I have a Brembo 19x20 MC, and it has the reservoir on a mount that's higher than the stock reservoir. At full left lock, I wonder if the reservoir will hit the SS2. It appears to sweep pretty far back.

Comments anyone?

Back