Big Feet?

So, I've resorted to wearing my Oakley boots for a few months now. I want riding boots but I've run into a dilemia. I wear size 14-15 in boots. Suggestions?

Other than chopping off my toes, which the wife has suggested several times.

:disapproval:

One Brand : Sidi.

My favorite riding buddy wears a 15... and Sidi is the only company that made a boot that fit him, and was still a well built boot.... you can find plain leather Harley Style boots in large sizes, but... I wouldn't recommend it.

Either that, or you could probably get a book on "Japanese Foot Binding". You could probably get those feet down to a size 12 by the middle of the riding season!:poke: LOL!

But seriously, I was just over at Cyclegear on New Years Day with Canonfuji and I tried to also find a pair of boots I'd be happy with for the Deals Gap trip. They had some Sidi boots there but not in my size. I found some Alpinestars which fit but looked much too long. I'm a size 12 with a triple E width. I finally found a pair of S-MX5 Alpinestar Waterproof Boots that fit really well although not a wide size. I think that I'm gonna go with them.
View attachment 1525

I checked for your size but they only go up to a size 50. The size that fit me was a 48 which was the equivalent of a size 12. So I guess a size 50 would be closer to a size 14. I'll keep my eyes open.

Thats a good one Brad! Please remind Dustin that we only joke around in good fun. No harm meant. Besides, Sasquatch is only a size 13!:D

I jest to compensating for my small feet. :) I am a 9.5 but extra wide. I may be a tad jealous.

Seriously though. My big problem is my large calves. I like SIDI because they have wonderful calf adjustment. Just tried a pair of SIDI Air on last weekend at my local shop. They are super comfy. They sell them for about $300 without the local forum discount. My Joe Rocket Super Street boots work well but the calf is not where near as comfortable.

I've been called that, among other things. Growing up as the biggest kid (6 foot prior to freshman year) I was given the nickname, Donkey Kong. Being that my initals are DK.

><

If you can handle the cost, find a cobler who does custom footwear. They are pricey but they will fit exactly as you want and outwear anything you'll find on the shelves anywhere. I have a son-in-law "in your shoes" and he just plain can't find shoes in stores anywhere that fit him and are worth putting on his feet. Growing up I felt like the runt of the pack being only 5'6" and about 140 lbs but when I grew up I found that for the majority of the world I was much closer to the norm than the 6'6" 250 pounders that couldn't find clothig that fit or vehicles they could drive because of size constraints. Smaller guys, smaller vehicles, bigger guys, bigger vehicles. I used to ride an M109R which is a large cruiser. The majority of the riders were big guys who could offset the heft of the bike but for me it was like trying to maneuver an elephant. After about seven months I gave up and traded it for a more appropriate ride. I liked the bike but a 150 Lb. rider on a 750 Lb. bike don't make a very good match. A 150 lb rider on a 450 lb bike works a lot better. Good luck on your quest.

Lonerider, that's so funny. I said the word "cobler" trying to describe to my co-workers where to bring their boots to be fixed, and no one knew what I was talking about. I'm orginally from back east where this word was used pretty often; out in the west, no one has any idea what it means. Or they would resort to asking if I heard it at the Ren. Fair.

Boots

I'm size 13, which has it's times....getting boots or shoes. I have a friend with size 15, and its always an event. We both go looking, so between the both of us, we can find something a bit fasionable. Heres a Harley Davidson that might fit the ticket, and a Doc Martin that is ok looking. the Doc's come from BootBay.com: Western Boots, Motorcycle Boots, Ariat Boots, Danner Boots & More! along with quite a sellection. Mabe this helps. As for full on riding Spotr-bike boots, that might be a tough one.

Back