Bike #10 & Yamaha #4...

Thats a fact. only you would go out to buy a winter beater and come home with that, love it.

:)

I say bring on the snow

Also, I put some fuel in the scoot for the first time & got 125 MPG. I'm slowly grinding away the centre stand in corners so the scooter is improving itself as I ride it! :)

http://www.schwalbetires.com/scooter_tires/weatherman

I just ordered the Pilot Road 3 of the scooter world. Winter, here I come! The OEM tires are Cheng Shin & made of nylon, like what you might find on a wheelbarrow. HA, forget that! I decided to go for a proper silica rubber compound tire designed for all weather. How fun will that be?!

schwalbe-weatherman-tyre-350x-10-714-p.jpg

Last edited:
I'm having a ball on this thing. There is no better way to get around, I swear. Easier than a bicycle and more fun than a car.

I've been trying to take roundabouts flat out at top speed and yesterday I managed to spin up the rear tire and very nearly highside. I was out of my seat a couple of times before I regained traction. So, so much fun! This thing is a blast

I'm looking forward to some better tires now :)

Last edited:
I've been riding the C3 full time since the 919 is being 'dealt with' by insurance. I think I've got around 1000 miles clocked on it now and I can safely report the fancy pants Schwalbe tires are freakin' incredible. I has been cold and wet here almost every day and I have all the grip I could need. Snow should be no trouble for me.

I have modded it a bit with some CVT performance parts and pretty much found the perfect balance of the transmission for a four stroke 50. I have decent acceleration from a stop and can cruise the flat at around 42 mph with a top speed of 45. This is a big improvement over stock.

I have destroyed my centre stand from hard cornering and had to order a replacement. Thankfully, it's only $35. I have ground the stand down so thin that the part you step on to raise it off the ground has cracked. Oops. Along with the stand, I ordered some fork seals and head bearings. I will service the forks and put some heavier oil in to give me some semblance of damping.

Back