bike dumps on me

2008 FZ1
I have no power when i try to pop a wheelie in first gear.
1)the bike acts af if it had a carburator and it was flooded then comes the power,
2) if i wanted to take off fast, when i give it gass it taks a few seconds before.
3) it would be like trying to take off in 3rd or 4th gear the power is not right there when i need it. it only comes a few seconds latter.
has anyone had the same problem and how do i fix it?

Yosh R77, cut down sub throttle plates, airbox Mod, Hipo airfilter, PC. Wheelies no problem. Maybe start with the 16/46 gearing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

no not at all before all i really had to do was just gas it and the front would come up, but now when i gass it all i get is blaaaaa before i feel any sort of power. why is it doing that?

Clutch adjustment? This is most likely
Idle set? Should be around 1300
Is this a recent development? Just this tank of gas or multiple? Had it been sitting for a long period of time or all of a sudden? Does it hesitate at all in any other gear?

you do not need all the mods my bike will wheelie just fine with 16/46 gearing and slip on although my wheelies are only about 6".You possibly may have a kinked fuel line??

you do not need all the mods my bike will wheelie just fine with 16/46 gearing and slip on although my wheelies are only about 6".You possibly may have a kinked fuel line??

Thats exactly what I was thinking. The dreaded "kinked" fuel line. Have you had you tank up for any reason lately? If so, I'd check it out. Also, you may want to run a dose of Seafoam through it once as you may have gotten some bad gas.

Thanks for all the input, it only those that in fusty gear and yea I just had my 4500k tune up done and it ran great after that for about two weeks then I changed the radiator hose that's when I notice the problem.
But I'll check all the stuff you gas all said. Fuel line, cluch slipping and idle speed

if ya had a tune up done I am gonna go with the kinked fuel line .my bike has 15k and never been tuned ,why did you get one at 4500 miles?

If it was clutch slipping it would actually be very noticeable as the RPMs would go up, but the bike wouldn't make much forward progress so that's easy enough to check. You didn't mention anything about the engine fault light coming on so it sounds like all is ok with the sensors. Like the others suggested check the fuel line, especially if someone removed the gas tank recently. You'd be surprised how easy it is to get it kinked.

If the fuel line was kinked shouldn't he notice a lack of power ALL the time?

Yea, you're probably right. I went back and reread his original post and it just seems like he has a hesitation. However, not sure he ever gets full power as it wont accelerate like it used to. Could possibly be a bad (or not properly adjusted) TPS, but the fact that he doesn't mention anything about the engine fault light makes this more difficult to troubleshoot.

hard to diagnose when we are not there in person but he is probably experiencing power loss everywhere.but most noticable down low,but just a guess

Back