bought a clean 07 fz1

i purchased a 2007 yamaha fz1 from a man who is 76years young lol. he has owned the bike for a year and has rode it a total of 500 miles. it has about 23000 miles on the clock .i won't be picking up the bike until thursday the bike has a slip on exhaust and looks stock except for that. the throttle is good and i didnt hear any popping on decel. of course i didn't ride it hard yet. my question is after reading this forum what is next? i know it needs chain and sprockets, the did x ring is what i have on my dirt bike. but i want a windshield to give me more protection, the puig looks good but national cycle makes a v stream that is a little taller about one inch. i also looked at the airbox mod. does this add much? thanks bruce

For me, a stock bike with just a slip on, and looking to wake it up a bunch, invest in a Power Commander and send your ECU out to be reflashed. You can send it to Ivan with a quick turn around time and only would need to install a higher flowing air filter, load a map which Ivan would supply you with and enjoy the heck out of it. Other than that I would change the fluids and check the plugs and you'll be all set.

07 exhaust

i picked up the bike yesterday and it runs great. the bike has a slip on exhaust carbon fiber with no name on it, i am thinking about buying a stock muffler and putting the cables and servo back on it. the muffler is way too loud. i also am looking at the adjustable risers for $78 they look like they will bring my bars back and up about 1.5 to 2 inches. i have sore wrist after a hour ride. my other concern is some fwd pegs i cant find any it would be nice to be able to stretch out my legs when they cramp from being bent so much. i have not figured out the wind screen but the touring model seems to be what will help keep some wind off me thanks for all the help bruce

i picked up the bike yesterday and it runs great. the bike has a slip on exhaust carbon fiber with no name on it, i am thinking about buying a stock muffler and putting the cables and servo back on it. the muffler is way too loud. i also am looking at the adjustable risers for $78 they look like they will bring my bars back and up about 1.5 to 2 inches. i have sore wrist after a hour ride. my other concern is some fwd pegs i cant find any it would be nice to be able to stretch out my legs when they cramp from being bent so much. i have not figured out the wind screen but the touring model seems to be what will help keep some wind off me thanks for all the help bruce

contact and or look for the satan666 highway pegs. yamahafz1oa.com is where you'll find him easier usually. your hands being numb in an hour is weird, why thats happening is a bigger discussion with more variables.

i picked up the bike yesterday and it runs great. the bike has a slip on exhaust carbon fiber with no name on it, i am thinking about buying a stock muffler and putting the cables and servo back on it. the muffler is way too loud

I have a stock muffler on mine and am very happy with it, I wouldn't worry about the cables or servo as it's only there for noise reduction, just wire the flap open, it makes it easier to swap out the slip on if you do fancy a noisy day out !

07 exhaust satan's pegs 666 national cycle windscreen

i read that so the check engine light does not come on a plug for $50 is needed. to fool the computer. when eliminating the servo and cables.mine are gone and i have no light.how would i know if my bike has been modified? also i want the satan's highway pegs but i cant find them anywhere. there is a block off plate to stop the air from going in the valve cover. is this something that is helpful? i have decided to go with the windscreen from national cycle it is the touring v stream that channels the air to the left and right looks like a good windscreen. it was that or the california scientific windscreen which it was not as nice looking, thanks for all the help bruce

block off plate

i looked at the bike a little closer and the block off plates are installed. next week i am going to take the fel tank off and see if the air filter has been upgraded and the air box modified. the more i ride the bike the better i like it, there is no doubt it is the fastest and quickest bike i have ever owned or ridden.

I had a Zerogravity touring screen on my bike and I have just gone back to stock. I get way less wind noise with the stock windshield.

I had a Zerogravity touring screen on my bike and I have just gone back to stock. I get way less wind noise with the stock windshield.

At 5'10" the stock screen had way too much buffeting to ride on the highway. Tried a GIVI touring screen and no buffeting but very noisy. Tried a Chinese copy of a ZG DB and that was rather nice but still too much buffeting. Finally settled on a ZG Touring screen and very happy with it, no buffeting or noise.

For me, a stock bike with just a slip on, and looking to wake it up a bunch, invest in a Power Commander and send your ECU out to be reflashed. You can send it to Ivan with a quick turn around time and only would need to install a higher flowing air filter, load a map which Ivan would supply you with and enjoy the heck out of it. Other than that I would change the fluids and check the plugs and you'll be all set.
Send ecu where?

Back