Bt003 rs

ozzieboy

Got rid of my Michelin Power Pures last week, finally, and was glad to get them off the bike. I wasn't at all impressed with them.

Just to wash that awful taste out, I got my favourite tire put on. The BT003:woot:.

Scrubbed in nice and easy. They warm up reasonably quickly considering it is Winter here, and the roads are cold. Due to the fact that they are so sticky, they are not turning up out of corners, so I'm not losing anywhere near as much rubber. I reckon I'm gonna get a pretty respectable amount of wear out of them. I've already done 1000km which beats the previous worst (BT015) but the new shock would be helping.

And they are so sticky I reckon I could ride up a tree with them:cloud9:.

I'll post up my mileage when I'm done with them:smokin2:

Thanks Oz, so does that mean we should have some new vids soon?! I'm going with the 023's this time around. My 016's look like blocks! The commuting just killed the 016's because the centers are too soft. The 023's are a triple compound with a hard center so the tire should keep it's shape better.

Went out Saturday, and had somehow put my camera in photo mode: oops:....lol...oops!

Went out Sunday, and had forgotten to charge it so I only got limited footage.

I also want to get some different stuff, so I can make my vids a bit more interesting, and less "Vrooom vroom" set to music...lol.

This weekend saw the use of the Gyroscopic Mounted Camera on the rear of Valentino Rossi's Yamaha. Now that was an awesome camera angle. The camera stays absolutely vertical at all times while you see just how far the bike and rider leans over. I'm sure I can figure out a pivot mount to do the same thing. I'm gonna try to get it worked out before Deals Gap.

This weekend saw the use of the Gyroscopic Mounted Camera on the rear of Valentino Rossi's Yamaha. Now that was an awesome camera angle. The camera stays absolutely vertical at all times while you see just how far the bike and rider leans over. I'm sure I can figure out a pivot mount to do the same thing. I'm gonna try to get it worked out before Deals Gap.

Yeah that gyroscopic camera is awesome.

Got rid of my Michelin Power Pures last week, finally, and was glad to get them off the bike. I wasn't at all impressed with them.

Just to wash that awful taste out, I got my favourite tire put on. The BT003:woot:.

Scrubbed in nice and easy. They warm up reasonably quickly considering it is Winter here, and the roads are cold. Due to the fact that they are so sticky, they are not turning up out of corners, so I'm not losing anywhere near as much rubber. I reckon I'm gonna get a pretty respectable amount of wear out of them. I've already done 1000km which beats the previous worst (BT015) but the new shock would be helping.

And they are so sticky I reckon I could ride up a tree with them:cloud9:.

I'll post up my mileage when I'm done with them:smokin2:
Once you go sticky and feel the grip it's hard to go back to a road/sport tyre.

Once you go sticky and feel the grip it's hard to go back to a road/sport tyre.

LOL. Yup. This is only my second set of these. One on the FZ6, and one on the FZ1. As long as I stay off the 'D' road (the one in the video FZ1 Sweepers) where the temps get up really high and stay there, then wear is actually pretty respectable. Unfortunately I went and did the 'D' road...lol....I'm just gonna get over 2000km....lol.

Oh,and as for videos....check out this little pearler.....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SeA5SMrk6A]YouTube - FZ1 Nearly killed by lycra[/ame]

F$%^ing Lycra wearing dipsticks. Car driver sux too.

Oh far out! and I just picked up my new Pilot Road 2's today. Gotta wear out those dunlops first!

I had Dunlop sportmax's on when I bought the bike. They were off it within a week....lol. They are on a par with the FZ6's OEM BT020's. Were stolen off of Fred Flinstone's car. Hards as granite.

Sound like nice tires. Are they a mixed compound tire?

I scrubbed in my Pilot Power 2CTs yesterday. I put in about 150 miles of mixed riding and loved the tires, and set a new personal top speed record too. :woot: The previous ones were Road 2CTs, the Powers are nice a sticky and have a good profile to them. Not sure how long they'll last, we'll see.

Sound like nice tires. Are they a mixed compound tire?

I scrubbed in my Pilot Power 2CTs yesterday. I put in about 150 miles of mixed riding and loved the tires, and set a new personal top speed record too. :woot: The previous ones were Road 2CTs, the Powers are nice a sticky and have a good profile to them. Not sure how long they'll last, we'll see.

The Pilot Power 2CT's are the preferred tire locally. They wear pretty well for a tire with pretty good grip, and they maintain their shape well for the life of the tire.

Availabilty locally sux though...lol. They have always been rarer than rocking horse dung round here.

The BT003's are what they call a 3LC (three layer compound ) on the front and the 180's are a 5LC (5 Layer compound) and the 190's are a 3LC on the rear.

In human speak, that means the fronts and 190 rears are dual compound, with a hard band in the middle and the soft bands on the sides.

The 180's are a triple compound with a hard cap, medium shoulder, and soft edges.

Hang on a jiffy and I'll grab a link....*groans and moves mouse finger*...lol.

Bridgestone Corporation | HOT MC | By Tire Category - ON ROAD

Im with you... Got the 003's on today and have done a total of... Wait for it.... 1...2....3....ks so far. from the bike shop to home. in the wet. Cant wait for a proper ride. going to be different from 2cts to 003.

Im with you... Got the 003's on today and have done a total of... Wait for it.... 1...2....3....ks so far. from the bike shop to home. in the wet. Cant wait for a proper ride. going to be different from 2cts to 003.

Pilot Power 2ct's are great road tyres, but on the track they get greasy. I only run sticky tyres now days, Metzeler K3 & Bridgestone 003rs you can get good milage, do trackdays and have the security of awesome grip.

I got 11,000ks out of the 2ct's and am very happy about that, 75% comuting, 20 hard riding and 5% being an idiot. Just didnt feel the love from them then i do the bridgestones.

Well I've trashed my rear:eyebrow: (tire:embarrased:) after 2,200km/1370mi, and the front is pretty close too. They were doing well, until I did a 50km/31mi stretch of sweepers in around 14 minutes:cloud9:. That's 14 minutes of being very hot (85 km/53 mi just to get there so they are already warm:smokin2:).

However, the fun I had with these babies, on cold, dirty roads more than made up for it in my opinion:thewave:

Just scored 2 pairs of BT003rs cheap for FZ1 & ZX6 trackbike. From what i hear they are rated fairly well. It will be interesting to see how thye stack up against the Metzeler K3 my prefered tyre at the mo?.

Just scored 2 pairs of BT003rs cheap for FZ1 & ZX6 trackbike. From what i hear they are rated fairly well. It will be interesting to see how thye stack up against the Metzeler K3 my prefered tyre at the mo?.

It sure will. Been thinking of trying the Metzelers.

Be prepared for them to squirm out of a turn. Lots of people I've spoken to don't like it, but for me...I love it. They've never let go totally, and they hook up again very smoothly, so you can still get stuck in even when they are squirming. For me, I found they were warm enough to go hard on after one lap of a cold track.

Back