Can I start a "Post your Streetfighter" thread?

I found a post your Bike thread but I am wanting to see just streetfighters to get some ides.
I realize this is my first post which is why I am asking.
If there is already a streetfighter picture only thread please link to it.
I could not find one.

I built an R1 streetfighter last year but sold it.
I am trying to decide whether to buy an FZ1 or make another sportbike streetfighter.
Here is the R1 I built from scratch.

I don't know if you will get too many street fighter pics but there are plenty of naked FZ1 riders here.
BTW I like your R1.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Naked bike and streetfighter are the same thing to me.

Nice Z1000. I always liked those bikes.
The new CB1000R is nice too.

Looking more for built streetfighters/naked bikes though.

I want to see what some of the other riders have done to turn their bikes into naked bikes.

I want a naked bike with the most power and great cornering.
I will be riding mine on long trips but taking back roads always so I want it to still be good in the corners. Not real concerned with top speeds.

It really depends how much you want to do yourself, how much you wanna spend, how many mods you want to actually do. If you want balls to the wall power and handling- start with a sportsbike.

If you want to do basic power/drivetrain(sprocket mods) to a factory naked-
Go with the speed triple, cb1000r, and of course the fz1. I don't really like the z1000 for some reason. I'm a huge fan of single side swing arms and under seat exhausts so my next bike will be a speed triple, cb1000r or a heavily modded zx10r. I can't afford a superduke 1290 (25k) otherwise that would be my ultimate choice.

Gixxer1k with sssa and car rim

:jaw drop:
Car rim?! It never even crossed my non-creative mind that someone would do this. I find it intriguing. I know that putting a car tire on the back of a bike is called "darksiding" but is there a term for putting a car rim and motorcycle tire on a bike?

I'm not sure that I like it, but I'm genuinely curious about so many other details. What does it look like from the other side? What size/brand tire do you use? How does it handle? Is purely a cosmetic mod, or does it improve performance? What kind of effort was involved in customizing the rim to mount properly? So many questions!

Awesome bike Dicko

It really depends how much you want to do yourself, how much you wanna spend, how many mods you want to actually do. If you want balls to the wall power and handling- start with a sportsbike.

If you want to do basic power/drivetrain(sprocket mods) to a factory naked-
Go with the speed triple, cb1000r, and of course the fz1. I don't really like the z1000 for some reason. I'm a huge fan of single side swing arms and under seat exhausts so my next bike will be a speed triple, cb1000r or a heavily modded zx10r. I can't afford a superduke 1290 (25k) otherwise that would be my ultimate choice.
Funny because I hate single side swing arms and undertail exhaust. I removed the under tail exhaust on the R1 and brought it out by the foot peg. Undertail exhausts are A LOT of extra weight with no real benefit.

Power is the number 1 priority. I am used to sportbike power and trackdays.
after looking at dry weight numbers and power outputs I am thinking I need to go with a 1000cc sportbike as a starting point.

Unless of course an R1 engine is a direct bolt for a FZ1?

I like this thread though because it gives me ideas even if I don't use an FZ1 to start.

One member on here used a round Shin Yo headlight that I think looks good Never thought to use a round headlight but I like the old school look.

I am fine with a fair amount of fabrication.

:jaw drop:
I'm not sure that I like it, but I'm genuinely curious about so many other details. What does it look like from the other side? What size/brand tire do you use? How does it handle? Is purely a cosmetic mod, or does it improve performance? What kind of effort was involved in customizing the rim to mount properly? So many questions!

The rim is a direct bolt on with a standard 17in 4x100 pcd. It's not my bike, I dunno how it performs but for the most part I think it's aesthetic with little or no effect on handling/performance.

Google- custom fighters forum. You'll be gobsmacked by the ingenuity and craftsmanship.

I guess I qualify for naked ride. My new FZ-09... pimp up already. I like to think it's the most bada$$ one out there. :)

I think the levers are the only stock parts I have to swap... :sport12:

(Not sure what's going on with the pic... I'll work on it)

Last edited:
I guess I qualify for naked ride. My new FZ-09... pimp up already. I like to think it's the most bada$$ one out there. :)

I think the levers are the only stock parts I have to swap... :sport12:

(Not sure what's going on with the pic... I'll work on it)

Ouinnn....pas mal pimp!

:flip: for your snowless pics, you deserter...

:justkidding:

Ouinnn....pas mal pimp!

:flip: for your snowless pics, you deserter...

:justkidding:

Oui Monsieur! You can keep the snow all for you! LOL :flip::rofl:

I'm not missing it at all... Do miss the Poutine quite a lot with a Montreal style smoke meat! Doesn't get any better! Those kill you a bite at the time but sooo good!

here is a couple of bikes from about 10 yrs ago which i owned
honda cbr1000 and a suzuki gsx1100
and my fz1 which ive owned for just over 2 yrs

Nice rides! I'm really digging that Puig screen. If it's possible, could you inbox me few measurement to I can measure my headlight and eyeball how it would fit. Lovely FZ1 for sure!

Back