Can I start a "Post your Streetfighter" thread?

Ill play other than my 07 FZ1 I have a 93 Bandit 400... and I just sold a ZRX1100.

e3a_PeLfP9phrSFpphrkH4i9nbRbvZ51HXQWjI7-QfU=w285-h213-p-no

photo+3+%25285%2529.JPG

photo+%252843%2529.JPG

Nice looking bikes! Corrections; I dig that Bandit! I'd love a 400 just like that. My wife is interested in riding but not someone who would ride very much at all, so a 400 like that would be a perfect spare bike for me. Fun enough for me to burn around on here and there and a good size for her to manage whenever she feels like tagging along. I'm a big fan of the retro FZ1, too. I might switch mine up to the retro colours one day.

Anyway, I'll jump in to the fray with my murdered out 2012. Here are a few snaps I've grabbed over the last couple seasons. The last two are at a dealership beside what mine would have looked like if I hadn't modded it. Aside from bringing the N parts from Europe I didn't stray too far from stock. I had it painted satin black, cleaned up the tail, did a Yosh slip on to get a nicer sound and save a few pounds, went with LED signals and taillight so that I could get rid of the yellow and red lenses and keep the number of different colours on the bike to a minimum, and once I killed the stock tires I switched up to Metzler Sporttec M3's.

Once the warmer weather hits I want to black out the handlebar and triples, and as funds allow I plan on rearsets, shaving the passenger grab handles and adding a colour matched rear seat cowl, R1 forks and brakes, and the usual compliment of performance mods (PCV, air box mod, etc...) Some day

Here's my old R1 fighter that I regret selling. I owned her for almost 7 years and built it myself from eBay bits. Front end was off a CBR 125. Most of the other bits were hand made by myself. I shed a tear every time I think of someone else owning her. I almost rang the buyer asking for her back at one point!
vasu5emu.jpg

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

Here's my old R1 fighter that I regret selling. I owned her for almost 7 years and built it myself from eBay bits. Front end was off a CBR 125. Most of the other bits were hand made by myself. I shed a tear every time I think of someone else owning her. I almost rang the buyer asking for her back at one point!
vasu5emu.jpg

I think the Street Fighter scene is much bigger in Blighty than America.

Nice job on the R1. :)

Cheers buddy, I miss her dearly. My fz1 is a close substitute, but there's nothing like building your own bike.

As for UK streetfighters, yep, there's quite a few over here, probably due to our crap road surfaces and lots of crashed bikes!

You're welcome. I moved out here before the Street Fighter scene really took off. It was mainly early 90's GSXRs that I saw along with Simpson helmets and bomber jackets.

I'l take the nicer LA roads and warm weather thanks.

Although I did lose my virginity in Blackpool. Lol.

Here are a couple of pics of my 2010 Aussie edition FZ1N.

I've spent a fair bit of money making it look, handle and go but it was worth every cent.

I'll be keeping this bike for a few years to come yet, it makes me smile every time I ride it.

I guess I qualify for naked ride. My new FZ-09... pimp up already. I like to think it's the most bada$$ one out there. :)

I think the levers are the only stock parts I have to swap... :sport12:

(Not sure what's going on with the pic... I'll work on it)

Love your bike Marthy, if I was in the market for a new ride the MT-09 would be high up on my list.

here is a couple of bikes from about 10 yrs ago which i owned
honda cbr1000 and a suzuki gsx1100
and my fz1 which ive owned for just over 2 yrs

Hey Mate,

Just want to say thanks. I had to make it happen with the bracket but it all worked out perfect. Airflow is mind blowing smooth... exactly what I wanted. :stunta]:

My bike is my daily ride and do it all. Had a friend make a meme for me after I was done picking up laundry
View attachment 16896
Btw the jab is at all the SUV and lifted trucks in AZ that the biggest bump they ever see is speed bumps at the mall parking lot.

I found a post your Bike thread but I am wanting to see just streetfighters to get some ides.
I realize this is my first post which is why I am asking.
If there is already a streetfighter picture only thread please link to it.
I could not find one.

I built an R1 streetfighter last year but sold it.
I am trying to decide whether to buy an FZ1 or make another sportbike streetfighter.
Here is the R1 I built from scratch.

Hey Man I love your bike and especially the headlight!It is from CB1000R right? Since you said you have built it from scratch I guess you can give me some information on how did you fit this headlight on the R1.I just started a topic on this idea to install this headlight on my FZ1.
Check it out and please share some of your knowledge on the topic,I will appreciated it!
http://www.998cc.org/forum/showthread.php?t=20022

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My bike is my daily ride and do it all. Had a friend make a meme for me after I was done picking up laundry

View attachment 16896

Btw the jab is at all the SUV and lifted trucks in AZ that the biggest bump they ever see is speed bumps at the mall parking lot.

I see your point, and believe me, if I was single I would easily be able to do everything I need with a bike and a beater car. Hell, if I didn't live in a climate with a winter season I could have a bike and a bus pass for rainy days and easily get everywhere I need to go. (Or just a crappy old bike to keep the bad weather off my FZ1)

Add a wife, a baby, and a 105lb Black Lab to the mix, though, and an SUV somehow becomes extremely practical and in no way extravagant. I have no desire to drive a Yukon with a 6 inch lift and 35 inch tires, but something like a Touareg or an XC90 is a reasonably sized vehicle for my needs right now. I never thought I would be in a position to say that, but here I am. A bike, a regular cab pickup, or a Camry just doesn't cut it.

Back