can some one explain what will happen if i remove fule pump and run graviy style

i have had a problem with the stock pump and re routed the gas line to flow with out pump and it works ok i guess i road for about 40 miles on hwy and local streets and no bog or flooding
what is the draw back of the mod besides there is no shut off valve /
the replace ment pump is to expencive and do i need it ?

i have had a problem with the stock pump and re routed the gas line to flow with out pump and it works ok i guess i road for about 40 miles on hwy and local streets and no bog or flooding
what is the draw back of the mod besides there is no shut off valve /
the replace ment pump is to expencive and do i need it ?

Hi Jeff, it's okay to post your question but one time in the proper section. Someone will answer you for sure sooner or later. Posting the same question in multiple threads won't get you an answer any quicker. Just keep that in mind on your next post. Thanks Jeff.

here ya go.
01-05 Yamaha Fazer FZ1 Fuel Pump:eBay Motors (item 230374570838 end time Oct-04-09 23:06:22 PDT)

$69. + $10 shipping.... if you can't afford that... it's probably time to get rid of the bike.

Running the bike on gravity feed will result in an uneven flow to the carbs... at high RPM, it may run lean, at low RPM it may run rich.... or any combination there-of.... General idea... not good. Fouled plugs... hit and miss power delivery... just overall bad idea... You need a fuel pump.

Isn’t there also a lean angle switch that shuts off the fuel pump and gas flow if the bike go down? I know a lot of bikes have that, but I don’t know about the FZ1.

Back