Carb Rebuild Kit

I need to remove and clean my carbs, and want to replace the bowl gaskets, float needle o-ring, needle valve o-ring, and jet holder o-ring at a minimum. Ordering OEM parts is expensive, but there are several kits available. I tried an eBay kit a few years ago and had to return it since the float needles were the wrong length.

Anyone have any experience with the All Balls kit? There's a Dale Walker holeshot carb kit too that looks similar but it's $80 more.

Im a huge fan of everything all balls but can only comment on their bearing side of things. I am a few weeks from buying a bunch of seal kits/carb kit from them and am not thinking twice about it. IMO they are a little overpriced, but everything is right now.

Ended up buying the All Balls kit. Looks to be decent. I'll find out in a week or so how it all works out. I read one review saying the bowl gaskets were too big. I ran into this issue before when I got carb cleaner on the gaskets - they swelled and wouldn't fit. Had to let them dry out for a few hours and shrink back to their normal size.

I took a chance on a $20 eBay carb kit about 3 years ago for my silver Gen I and it ended up not working. The float needle assemblies were the incorrect length and float needle holder tubes were made of a really cheap looking silver metal, not brass like the OEM ones. I ended up reusing the original float needles and just replaced the holder o-ring for the second time in 10 years.

Ended up buying the All Balls kit. Looks to be decent. I'll find out in a week or so how it all works out. I read one review saying the bowl gaskets were too big. I ran into this issue before when I got carb cleaner on the gaskets - they swelled and wouldn't fit. Had to let them dry out for a few hours and shrink back to their normal size.

I took a chance on a $20 eBay carb kit about 3 years ago for my silver Gen I and it ended up not working. The float needle assemblies were the incorrect length and float needle holder tubes were made of a really cheap looking silver metal, not brass like the OEM ones. I ended up reusing the original float needles and just replaced the holder o-ring for the second time in 10 years.
Yeah the ebay stuff is hit and miss and sometimes outright wrong all together.

So far so good, I just have to bolt the float bowls back on and put the top caps back on.

The All Balls kit comes with a ton of o-rings, screws, needles, washers, jets, float needles, and float needle holders. All seem good quality but not everything is marked the same as the original Mikuni parts. For example only the main jets have sizes marked and they're exactly the same as the stock sizes, staggered 130 and 132.5.

I didn't use any of the included jets. The tips of the mixture screws looked thinner than my stock screws so I didn't use them either. The float needles and needles holder are good and I definitely needed those.

Overall it seems like a good kit. If I would have sourced the bowl gaskets, misc o-rings, and float needle assemblies separately I probably would have paid the same ($100). I'm just glad it came with new screws for everything. Most of my existing screws were reusable except the threads on the screws that hold the float bowl pins down got mangled. Good news is the replacement screws fit fine. The real test now is if the bike starts and runs.

I am following the RavenRider jetting, since that worked so well on my Silver bike, sourcing the 127.5 mains and euro needles. The mixture screw plugs were already removed, but the rest of the carb internals had all stock jetting.

I just don't know what size drill bit to use on the slide holes. The original RavenRider write up says to use a "#32 drill bit (2.7mm)" but #32 is actually 2.95mm which is quite a lot bigger than the existing slide holes.

Im in giddy phase after doing a order from them on Thursday. There are tons of fake carb parts out there now so good call on not using those jets.

Im looking at a drill size cheat sheet, and a 32 drill is .116 dia. It makes no mention of 2.95 even though it maths that way. 2.7mm is .106.

Good to know the All Balls kits are an alternative.

The last few carbs I've done with McMaster -Carr O-rings. Good quality o-rings but you end up with a lot of extras after you buy bags of 25.

Mine's set up with Ravenrider tune, but I'm pretty sure I'm not using Euro needles just what ever number of washers (total thickness) he recommends. I think the Euro needles are grooved with a retainer clip to eliminate the washer stack. If you can't find the Euro needles that's an alternative.

Hope the carb work solves your problem.

Got her back up and running. The All Balls kit is good for the gaskets, o-rings, and float needles. That stuff would have cost me more than $100 so overall not a bad deal. As I mentioned above I didn't use their mixture screws since the tips were smaller. The included pilot jets were also not an exact match; they had 15 stamped on the side which is the same size as the OEM jets, however they weren't the exact same length and the threads didn't line up. I was too busy to take pictures.

I also ended up not drilling out the slide holes, didn't want to mess with it. My silver Gen I doesn't have them drilled out and I'm happy with the throttle response.

Back