Cat Removal

Hello! So, due to a little trouble with the law lately, the bike hasn't been able to have much attention - however I have some mods lined up... Having been running with a nice loud and lairy slip-on for the last few months, I've really noticed the lack of power in the lower RPM's, and this has prompted me to put the stock muffler back on (I'm appreciating the nice quiet inconspicuous sound too!)... A few questions if I may...

1) I am guessing that the EXUP system helps a lot with low-range power? Since I am looking at keeping the stock muffler on and therefore keeping the EXUP system, will removing the 2 cats help further with low-mid range? I've read mixed reviews...

2) If there is any benefit, how easy is it to remove the secondary cat from within the stock muffler? I haven't had time to physically look myself, but cannot seem to find any steps online...

3) Overall, mods would be: AIS block-off, CD Flies, LARS airbox, pipercross filter, gutted cats, stock muffler. The bike should run fine without a PC3, but do you think there will be any noticeable gain in getting one and a custom map? To PC3 or not to PC3?

Cheers!

Back