center stand question

New here at the Fz1 site. If you lower a 2009 FZ1 say 2-3 inches, what happens to the center stand? Do you cut it, remove it or leave it alone? Thanks.

Well if lower the bike that much you will have to modify both your center and side stands for them to be safe and functional. Frankly I would either remove it or leave it alone. Not sure that it would be worth the trouble to have it cut.

I just lowered my bike and had same issues. I had kickstand cut shorter and re-welded, it now functions as before. I decided to just remove center stand and keep it for maintenance. It will take you and another person to get the bike on the center stand once its lowered. Center stand is only two bolts, less than 5 min off or on...take it off but keep it handy.:2cents:

Thanks

Well if lower the bike that much you will have to modify both your center and side stands for them to be safe and functional. Frankly I would either remove it or leave it alone. Not sure that it would be worth the trouble to have it cut.

Im looking at gettin an FZ1 and im researching what I need to do to lower it 2-3 inches. If it is even reasonable to do so. Im very impressed with the bike.

Back