Chinook Pass pictures

weather was great it was 70 degrees at the summit with clear skies.

2897ceda.jpg

292e97a8.jpg

40234291.jpg

af262d8a.jpg

c667deb1.jpg

9205c74b.jpg

009597cd.jpg

efb0b991.jpg

0606d0ae.jpg

Very nice. I have a route question, if you please.
Plan to be up that way mid Sept. on my FJR.
One day we have planed is leaving Hood River north and ride in Windy Ridge with a lunch. Back out to Randle , over to 7 north with a right on Nat. Park Hwy to Chinook Pass and on to Yakima for the night.

Doable day ride?

Last edited:
I'm planning on taking a similiar route next month: I'll be spening the nite in Yakima, then 12 to 410 to Enumclaw down to Eatonville then to Ashford and back to Yakima. You have any 'time estimate' for this loop?

seeing the snow and hearing only 70eish.
as i sit here at home with stitches in my hand not able to ride and it is 97 in the house.and hotter outside. :dontknow: :surrender:

sounds like you had a great ride.

Very nice. I have a route question, if you please.
Plan to be up that way mid Sept. on my FJR.
One day we have planed is leaving Hood River north and ride in Windy Ridge with a lunch. Back out to Randle , over to 7 north with a right on Nat. Park Hwy to Chinook Pass and on to Yakima for the night.

Doable day ride?

this could be done in a day but it would be a little uncomfortable. There are a lot of nice little inns along the way you could stop at to keep the trip enjoyable. Plus part of the ride is to take in your surroundings.

I'm planning on taking a similiar route next month: I'll be spening the nite in Yakima, then 12 to 410 to Enumclaw down to Eatonville then to Ashford and back to Yakima. You have any 'time estimate' for this loop?

Just going over 410 from Yakima would be a 2 hour trip. With stops and going over 12 i would suspect 3-4 hours probably closer to 4 hours with stops and what not.

Thanks! I think I penciled the milage at around 340'ish for the entire trip from Yakima-round Mt. Rainer-back to Yakima. Any opinions on what else I should be riding in that area? I was 'planning' on heading home vis Hwy 12-25-51-36 to Bend, spend the night, then head home (Humboldt County).

Back