• OCC / Sr

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Gas Monkey

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters

dduck

Any of you guys watch the show?

It was disappointing.
PJD built another of the same "theme" bikes and not one of his best.
SR built another stinker, the front end looked like some type of tractor
Gas monkey bike was nothing special
JJ had the coolest bike to me but he obviously didn't play to the "chopper" crowd. He is also such a jerk.

How do you have a bike build-off where none of the bikes are judged by anybody for how they ride?

If it was about the ride, Gas Monkey should have won. They rode it 1200 mi. to vegas, jessie james had an iteresting concept, but i feel like it was just a chromed-out buell blast. Sr, The bike had me sold until i saw those rediculous forks. Jr's was techniclly the only 'custom' chopper. However, i heavly respect the Gas Monkey guys, rebuilding an old harley, even if theyre just two idiots with an unwatchable show... just my thoughts. In the end im a die-hard jap sportbike fan. :sport12:

Jesse had the nicest bike, but he is such an idiot he doesn't deserve to even be on the stage. If he's so much against the idea of pleasing anyone but himself, he should have just stayed home! He obviously didn't learn anything from the first show. He tries so hard to come off like some sort of gangster. It's really pathetic. He's not fooling anyone. He couldn't last ten minutes in my old neighborhood. They'd eat him for breakfast. He may intimidate people in upper class neighborhoods but anyone who grew up in the streets could smell him out as a "poser" in two seconds! He's no different than any of the others on stage, he just has more scary tattoos!

Junior yes, did a theme bike, but I thought it looked nice. If it were a popularity contest then he won hands down. People love him and rightly so. He's a likeable guy.

Aaron and Richard did a nice job on the Hog, rather Aaron did a nice job on the bike but like it was said, they basically took it apart, changed a couple of things, and put it back together. I commend him on actually riding it all the way to the contest. Thats what I thought the build-off rules should have included.

OCC started out with a great idea but screwed it up royally when then put that giant erector set front end on it! Had they just used an R1 front fork and triple it would have fit the bike much better.

In the end, the entire contest was a flop, just as the first one was! It was so bad I actually turned it off and put it on when there was 3 minutes left to see who won. The host was another idiot, spending so much time trying to instigate trouble between the teams. It was a farce to say the least. The guy probably never threw a leg over a bike in his entire life.

I was looking forward to this because I felt the last one didn't give JJ credit for his bike. I actually saw the bikes first and didn't care for Jr's design. I started watching the first show (DVR) but didn't finish it yet. Once I hear Jr won I am not sure if I want to watch it.

From the images and the bit I saw it seems that Team Fast and Loud built an old school traditional, Jr did what he does and tried to call it (outside the box), and both JJ and Sr went new school.

I still am interested to see how JJ and Sr did on the actual building because watching that is the best part of the show.

I think they should follow the biker build off rules where they build it then have to ride it to the event. That would be outside the box for both Jr and Sr who like to box them up and deliver them like they will never be ridden.

(My 2 cents)

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

I liked Paul Jr's the best. Normally I don't like OCC collaborations - they look like giant toy motorcycles to me but this one really did it for me. JJ had probably the BEST all around bike and it's cool that he makes his own parts, etc - BUT his attitude is just about done. He seriously needs to get a grip on his ego and quit telling everyone that he doesn't care. Maybe if he quits being invited to the these events then he will care a little more??? Or we could just let Jesse and Richard Rawlings continue their slap fight in the parking lot until one of them messes up their hair.

Paul Jr

paul-jr-biker-build-off-2012.jpg

I couldn't vote for the Gas Monkey guys. Talked some major shit about Jesse "is just a guy chasing his X wife" was a real low blow and then they didn't actually build a bike. They restored an existing bike and tweaked it. That is not the same in my book.

The only thing 'fabricated' was the show. What a load of crap. :tdown:

I agree with most:

JJ is an a$$ hole, but actually 'builds' bikes. I liked his concept. It reminded me of the Yamaha MT-01
Yamaha+MT-01+1.jpg

I was happy to see OCC/Sr and JJ try to build a sport type bike (seriously, can we get something other than a V-Twin? How about a big single, a triple or a V-four, parallel twin or heaven forbid, an inline 4!)

OCC/Sr had an awesome start and then had to screw it up so bad with whatever that was between the tank and the front wheel. :hellno:

I thought JR (agree he's a likable guy) just hot glued some crap on the same old bike. Face it, Jr is an "artist" not a bike builder. He is all about the 'theme'.

Gas Monkey more or less did a 'restoration' with a few changes. Whatever. Not impressed. I do give them credit for riding it, but not really 'building' it.

I'd like to see real motorcyclists be judges and RIDE the bikes. On second though, I'd rather not see any of these guys in a 'build off' ever again! :disapproval:

Last edited:
^^^^^^^^^

Thanks! I knew that looked like a bike I had seen online but I couldn't remember what it was. The MT-01.
LOL
You know I agree with you but isn't it sad that only one team rode their bike to the competition?

Edited for language :D

TrailerPussyCat.jpg

Last edited:
^^^^^^^^^

Thanks! I knew that looked like a bike I had seen online but I couldn't remember what it was. The MT-01.
LOL
You know I agree with you but isn't it sad that only one team rode their bike to the competition?

Edited for language :D

TrailerPussyCat.jpg

Very sad that only one was ridden and it was just a glorified restore (IMHO). JJ tried to make out like he was the first to think of building a 'chopper sportbike', but it's just a V-Twin shoved in a frame with decent suspension so it will handle. Even Sr/OCC was onto that, until they F*(%ed the front end. JJ talked about Duc's, which I know many people love and worship like a Ferrari, but I've never had any love for them. I don't like the looks and I've never been a fan of the V-Twin. There are better engine configurations.

I know others have said it, but I forgot to mention it... the host may have been the worst part of the whole thing. Was he someone I was suppose to know? Because I didn't. He was just reading the crap script to try to get a fight started (I'm pretty sure that was all fabricated for tension anyway). What a douche! I've lost much respect for Discovery channel. :tdown::shaking head::disapproval:

I agree with everything already said. The discovery channel has stooped to an MTV level of drama over the last year or so IMO. They spent more time showing the pranks and fighting then they the did showing them build the bikes. I remember when they used to do the build offs many years ago, before OCC had a show, where they would have old school builders who would had to build a bike and then RIDE IT to the judging location 1k miles or so. Some made it some didn't.

Out of all the bikes the only one I would want to actually ride would have been Gas Monkey's, and Jesse James deserved last place because he is just a major Dbag...

I regularly watch all three shows, and was kinda excited about the build off. I know the drama is fabricated, I don't really care about that, I watch it for the cool builds.

My thoughts on the contest. I think OCC/Sr. built the best looking bike out there. From reading this thread I understand you guys mostly did not like the front end. I think it could of been better, but I still liked it. What sold me on the OCC bike was the rear end, those straight pipes popping out from under the seat were sexy.

I would give JJ bike a second place just because I am partial to sport bikes, and he obviously hand built just about every part of that thing which is impressive. However his being super late to the contest and all his BS about being so hard is lame.

I put the PJD Bike third because it was cool to look at, but mostly just window dressing.

Aaron from Gas Monkey is a cool guy, that show would be 10 times better if Richard was not on it. I don't understand why Richard was on stage with everyone, he did not build one part of that bike. I think it was cool they rode the bike to the show, but it really was a restoration not a build. I think the entire competition could benefit from having a more clear definition of what the end result is supposed to be.

Some people cried because 2 of the bikes were not "choppers" in the sense that a chopper is a cruiser.

Some people cried because they think a chopper has to come from an original factory bike and be customized.

Some people cried because they thought you did not do it right unless you built the thing from scratch (except the motor).

In the end it really is a popularity contest and means very little in the real world. It is not like those bikes are going into production.

Seems like we all mostly saw the same thing. If they ever do it again I suggest
1 no more fan voting
2 ride review by pros
3 less drama more creativity
4 professional panel of judges

Back