Cold weather spin

I got out yesterday for a quick spin for the Salvation Army. We were giving out Thanksgiving turkeys. When I pulled up on the bike, my comrades thought I was nuts as it was about 38 degrees. I'm going to try to do one better and do a ride for Veteran's day 140 miles round trip to my VFP headquarters in Traverse City where we honor Michigan's fallen soldiers every Veteran's and Memorial day. It will be a crispy 30 degrees when I leave but I'll have my electric gloves. It'll be the second or third time I've done the drive on a bike for the November 11th day. Say a prayer for peace on that day.

enjoy! I took the bike out today for a 150km spin, it was sunny but a mere 9°Celcius. But the ride was nice and the roads were dry, what more to wish for this time of year :flash:

Perfect

enjoy! I took the bike out today for a 150km spin, it was sunny but a mere 9°Celcius. But the ride was nice and the roads were dry, what more to wish for this time of year :flash:

It is -2 Celcius now. It is supposed to get up to 7 this afternoon. I will get out and enjoy the 3 hour window of light that will allow, before the mercury plunges again.:shine:

It is -2 Celcius now. It is supposed to get up to 7 this afternoon. I will get out and enjoy the 3 hour window of light that will allow, before the mercury plunges again.:shine:

that's indeed coldER. However if it does not yet freeze on the road then you're ok, but sure as the rubber doesn't warm up you gotta be a bit more prudent...but those cold early morning rides can reveal some nice sceneries...

I took a nice 30 mile ride friday night, it was 35 out, i was fine except for my hands, at every stop sign i put them between the rad and the header to warm up!

another ride.

I managed to get out two days running. Yesterday it made it to 52 F. Today was a bit colder with a high of 43 F. I was warm and toasty except for the hands. I tried glove liners yesterday, but it made the gloves tight enough that it defeated the purpose. Even though it was cooler today, the wind was much less. Even the hands were doing OK until I got to the hills west of here. There was snow in the ditches and the temp was lower than in town. I was feeling pretty good about myself, out riding in the cold, then I spotted a guy on a harley, with ape hangers. He must have been freezing his butt off, if his face, (red) was any indication. Either that or he was pissed that he wasn't the only bike out riding. The coming week doesn't look too bad, temps in the low 40's. Every day is a bonus at this point.:shine:

Oldschool might not be a bad idea to invest in some grip warmers if you haven't done so already. I find that it helps a lot in keeping the hands warm even with non Winter gloves.

on the list

Oldschool might not be a bad idea to invest in some grip warmers if you haven't done so already. I find that it helps a lot in keeping the hands warm even with non Winter gloves.

They would have been really nice today, might have been out longer if I had them. I will have the next three to four months of snow and ice. I may get it done over the winter. I have to put a new carb on the winter wheels first, an 85 tercel hatchback. Part of my 80's museum. It's in just as nice shape as the old FZ 600. And now you know why I go by "Oldschool".:embarrased:

Good on you guys for getting out. I've got OK temps (high 40's) but way too many wet leaves and pine needles to contend with. Once the leaves fall, I'll be fine, but that stuff is just too slick for me.

I will be giving a concert on Veteran's Day with my community band (and not riding the bike; I still haven't figured out how to carry the tuba on the bike). Flag goes up tomorrow for USMC birtday, stays up for Veteran's Day.

They would have been really nice today, might have been out longer if I had them. I will have the next three to four months of snow and ice. I may get it done over the winter. I have to put a new carb on the winter wheels first, an 85 tercel hatchback. Part of my 80's museum. It's in just as nice shape as the old FZ 600. And now you know why I go by \"Oldschool\".:embarrased:

Might want to check this page out:

Grips Heated

I got the Symtec Under Grip Heaters on my bike. Quite affordable and work well.

Another Stay Of Execution!!

Well, it looks like another great day for riding is coming up this Sunday. It should be 62 or 63 and sunny. If it will be anything like last Sunday, I'll be happy as a "pig in slop"! Now to plan some routes!!

Crystal ball

Well, it looks like another great day for riding is coming up this Sunday. It should be 62 or 63 and sunny. If it will be anything like last Sunday, I'll be happy as a \"pig in slop\"! Now to plan some routes!!

It's Wednesday, so the weekend is still Crystal ball territory for the weather voodoo's. They say that it should be 11 c.( or 52 F). on Sunday. Only 34 F on Saturday. I have a renovation to my bike parking area to do so that will be the day for it. If the voodoos are right about Sunday I will be out riding.:shine:

Back