Colored hardware kits

Fading

It can be hit and miss with Anodizing and fading. I have a seyt of black anodized hand guards (Zeta brand) on my Kawi and the right one is turning brown while the left still looks jet black. The red or blue might be an issue, but the gold should still look OK even if they fade. My Pazzo levers still look as good as the day I put them on, so I guess it all depends on the anodizing quality.:2cents:

It can be hit and miss with Anodizing and fading. I have a seyt of black anodized hand guards (Zeta brand) on my Kawi and the right one is turning brown while the left still looks jet black. The red or blue might be an issue, but the gold should still look OK even if they fade. My Pazzo levers still look as good as the day I put them on, so I guess it all depends on the anodizing quality.:2cents:

That is very true, and I'm sure the anodizing quality of some of the cheaper products out there is not up to par with the likes of Pazzo. Pro-Bolt makes quality stuff from what I have seen so their anodizing should hold up.

I was ready to pull the trigger on the full kit when I decided to call Probolt directly and the reply was yes he have had problems with fading especially red but have made our coater aware and they have adjusted the process,whcih sounded an awful lot like sidesteepping my question.I suspect that the coating they use is not true anodizing but a cheap imitation.The only thing probolt does is manufacture the hardware all coatings are applied by another company

Back