Cops "crack down"

MrLims

Hey all Aussies, some of my work mates have told me that in the last few week we have lost over 7 Aussie motorcyclists on our roads, so in response the Australian police are apparently cracking down on motorcycle riders wearing non Australian standard helmets and lane splitting this month. So I was wondering if any one has noticed any extra pressure from the cops at all? I know I haven't noticed any extra cops out there and I have not been pulled over and asked to show my helmet. Is this shit for real or are they just blowing smoke up my arse?

Hey all Aussies, some of my work mates have told me that in the last few week we have lost over 7 Aussie motorcyclists on our roads, so in response the Australian police are apparently cracking down on motorcycle riders wearing non Australian standard helmets and lane splitting this month. So I was wondering if any one has noticed any extra pressure from the cops at all? I know I haven't noticed any extra cops out there and I have not been pulled over and asked to show my helmet. Is this shit for real or are they just blowing smoke up my arse?

Not noticed and AFP don't deal in traffic matters.

The other day , i'm in the right lane , a tin top ute in the left , i was behind the ute by 50m , a breath lizer up ahead and we both pulled over , me watching what they be doing at the ute , it just blew and took off , 30 seconds , ME , wheres your licence , looks around the bike , picks on my rego sticker with a that's not lawful and generally seems a butt pain and 5 minutes .

But i understand!

I could have been a Bikie? , I could have been a old lady basher :box: , i could have been anything :ditto:, as , "we watch the movies on TV" LOL.......

Last edited by a moderator:
The reason that none of you guys saw the cops on the weekend was because they were all in the Snowy mountains watching 3500 bikes carve up the roads on the annual Snowy Ride weekend.

They were using a twin beam dopler radar (or some new electronic radar equipment) on the Khancoban loop and I know of 8 guys that lost their licences even though they were riding as a group.

The reason that none of you guys saw the cops on the weekend was because they were all in the Snowy mountains watching 3500 bikes carve up the roads on the annual Snowy Ride weekend.

They were using a twin beam dopler radar (or some new electronic radar equipment) on the Khancoban loop and I know of 8 guys that lost their licences even though they were riding as a group.

Man that sucks. On the ride to Phillip Island in October we saw very few cops. At some point in Victoria we normally get pulled over for licence and breath checks, that didn't happen this year. The main cop activity was in Vic between Marysville and Mansfield on the way home. I've been home 3 weeks now and no letters from the Vic government (with their sneaky speed cameras) either, phew.

The other day , i'm in the right lane , a tin top ute in the left , i was behind the ute by 50m , a breath lizer up ahead and we both pulled over , me watching what they be doing at the ute , it just blew and took off , 30 seconds , ME , wheres your licence , looks around the bike , picks on my rego sticker with a that's not lawful and generally seems a butt pain and 5 minutes .

But i understand!

I could have been a Bikie? , I could have been a old lady basher :box: , i could have been anything :ditto:, as , "we watch the movies on TV" LOL.......
When I'm pulled for a RBT I make the point of killing the engine. Putting the side stand down, getting off the bike, removing right glove, undo helmet and take it off, put I'd down somewhere safe then blow in the tube and they can't do a thing about it.
They could do 6 cars in the time it takes for me. Riders are rarely over the limit and they know it. Pull me up and I will waste your time :fencers:

No problems here in MOST of Victoria with our Police and if there is it can be blamed at Political Pressure and not the Police themselves who have to toe their Master's line if they want pay rises (which they deserve) and equipment (which they need)

Governments need to butt out of interfering with Law Enforcement and concentrate on getting its act together.

No problems here in MOST of Victoria with our Police and if there is it can be blamed at Political Pressure and not the Police themselves who have to toe their Master's line if they want pay rises (which they deserve) and equipment (which they need)

Governments need to butt out of interfering with Law Enforcement and concentrate on getting its act together.

'Political Pressure and not the Police themselves' , aye? what are you running for , motorcycle pri-minister? LOL

They be arseholes , we know it , they know it , everyone knows it , but they are allowed to breath just like most of us , my FARTS! target only those preeeecccious bent plods...

Bent Police, Never!:doh2:

But let us remember that for every bent Copper, there are many bent Politicians, Council Officials, TAC, RTA, EPA, Insurance Assessors, Estate Agents, Prison Officers, Parking Officers, Priests and other Quasi Preachers from suspect Religions and the list goes on but it always comes back to Cops, maybe because of the enormous authority and trust we endow them with we expect the best but guess what? they are like all the rest.:gagged:

Bent Police, Never!:doh2:

But let us remember that for every bent Copper, there are many bent Politicians, Council Officials, TAC, RTA, EPA, Insurance Assessors, Estate Agents, Prison Officers, Parking Officers, Priests and other Quasi Preachers from suspect Religions and the list goes on but it always comes back to Cops, maybe because of the enormous authority and trust we endow them with we expect the best but guess what? they are like all the rest.:gagged:

Very well put fella , i just wanted to keep it simple and of course no-one likes simple except me and you obviously :stunta]:

Bent plods for as the whole System is Bent , Plods are just corporate monkeys that are just as bent as the rest , especially LAW .

Next year , we should have a "Give a Copper a Banana" day , imo of course .

And it's all Normal , we say........:wilynily:

ps-that's if one is a fella :)

Last edited by a moderator:
When I'm pulled for a RBT I make the point of killing the engine. Putting the side stand down, getting off the bike, removing right glove, undo helmet and take it off, put I'd down somewhere safe then blow in the tube and they can't do a thing about it.
They could do 6 cars in the time it takes for me. Riders are rarely over the limit and they know it. Pull me up and I will waste your time :fencers:

I do exactly the same, waste their time, there is nothing random in pulling over every bike that goes past an RBT setup.

Last edited:
Im actually looking into a way of stopping police harassment in Australia and I'm not sure if you guys have seen this?? But what us riders need to be aware of that we have power in numbers to stop this crap! We need to stop the "She'll be right attitude."

another shameless cash grab in Qld
Heard from a guy who has some transport buddies that told him not to get a full system as the police were going to be doing a blitz
& the sting was for no cat in the system.
Any other states got this going on ?

Got an email form a mate who just got a new Apriia & just put his system on when he got this info off the Aprilia Forum

Pi_thumbsdownA guy from the Aprilia Forum had a conversation with a copper recently and he disclosed this:-

They have been issued with meters to detect exhaust gases that indicate that the cat has been removed.
Bike in instantly unroadworthy plates and rego sticker removed, you must get the bike trailered home get the RWC done and get the bike re-registered.

Oh there is also a $600 fine and four points

Get caught three times and it is bye bye bike under the anti hoon laws.

This shameless cash grab was proposed some time ago but rejected by the Bligh gov.
Another study was done indicating that 1 in 3 bikes had an aftermarket exhaust with the cat removed and the study showed that the revenue raised could be as high as $200mil.Wtf

Think about how many business may suffer as well in sales, tuning etc.

So after reading all this, I'm wondering if I should avoid a full system... I want to do this but not if I'm going to get done for emissions... Has anyone in NSW been done for the cat removal?

So after reading all this, I'm wondering if I should avoid a full system... I want to do this but not if I'm going to get done for emissions... Has anyone in NSW been done for the cat removal?

Not yet...
Its the reason why I didnt gut my cat and kept the stock exhaust.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Ah thanks John.
I had this crazy idea of asking about having a small cat welded in between a set of arrow headers and a slip-on...
But then theres the extra cost, loss of power gained by the new headers, ground clearance issue, etc.... it's probably not even worth asking about...
I really just want to get rid of the ugly looking brown std mid pipe thats on it...
I may end up not doing the arrow headers... I do want them.... but I'll definitely do a leo vince slip-on...

Ah thanks John.
I had this crazy idea of asking about having a small cat welded in between a set of arrow headers and a slip-on...
But then theres the extra cost, loss of power gained by the new headers, ground clearance issue, etc.... it's probably not even worth asking about...
I really just want to get rid of the ugly looking brown std mid pipe thats on it...
I may end up not doing the arrow headers... I do want them.... but I'll definitely do a leo vince slip-on...

Definitely go with a slip-on first.
The price of the Arrow headers went up on Solomotoparts too, they are now $486.
I think someone there messed up with the pricing earlier, they were a bargain at $300 odd dollars.

Back