Cops "crack down"

Ah thanks John.
I had this crazy idea of asking about having a small cat welded in between a set of arrow headers and a slip-on...
But then theres the extra cost, loss of power gained by the new headers, ground clearance issue, etc.... it's probably not even worth asking about...
I really just want to get rid of the ugly looking brown std mid pipe thats on it...
I may end up not doing the arrow headers... I do want them.... but I'll definitely do a leo vince slip-on...

Definitely go with a slip-on first.
The price of the Arrow headers went up on Solomotoparts too, they are now $486.
I think someone there messed up with the pricing earlier, they were a bargain at $300 odd dollars.

I think going with the slip-on first is also a great idea. The nice thing about the Arrow header is that it will work with any slip-on that's designed for the stock header so you can add it down the road at any time.

If you have to worry about emissions and adding a catalytic somewhere in the exhaust system then it's probably not worth the hassle...

Definitely go with a slip-on first.
The price of the Arrow headers went up on Solomotoparts too, they are now $486.
I think someone there messed up with the pricing earlier, they were a bargain at $300 odd dollars.

I think when I saw them and it was just over $300, i emailed them and asked if it included a mid pipe, and two days later I got a reply stating that it came with it and the price had been changed to $460...

Thanks for that, I'll order a slip-on and a penske shock before i get home next year, I've ordered a k&n filter, AIS plates, and some axle sliders for front and rear... So when i get home and fit all that I can do some riding with you and bluey and we can work out if I should chuck a power commander on yet...

I think going with the slip-on first is also a great idea. The nice thing about the Arrow header is that it will work with any slip-on that's designed for the stock header so you can add it down the road at any time.

If you have to worry about emissions and adding a catalytic somewhere in the exhaust system then it's probably not worth the hassle...

Thanks Tony, yeah I had to get a new cat on my last car that I was doing up before I got my bike, but cars are so easier to do that kinda thing to...
So I'll wait till I've done a slip-on etc, before getting a on set of headers...

So when i get home and fit all that I can do some riding with you and bluey and we can work out if I should chuck a power commander on yet...

Looking forward to that ride Scotty. With regard to the Power Commander it's a no brainer, especially if you get a slip on, you have got to get one. Mine has transformed to bike, it is so much smoother, I was really surprised at the difference it made.

Looking forward to that ride Scotty. With regard to the Power Commander it's a no brainer, especially if you get a slip on, you have got to get one. Mine has transformed to bike, it is so much smoother, I was really surprised at the difference it made.

Ah thats good to know Andy! I've read general comments made that if it's just a slip-on change the PC wasn't needed... But! If you have noticed that much of an improvement then I'll be happy to get one... I had budgeted for one anyway...

Back