Delkevic exhaust?

My '05 had a Delkevic Carbon Fiber Stubby on it when I bought it... it had no baffle and was too loud for me.. but after getting a baffle I like the sound and am happy with it....

I just put the Delkevic CF Tri-oval muffler to my 2009 FZ1. I didn't notice a performance difference but it looks much better than stock and weighs 5 1/2 pounds with the midpipe. I have not weighed the stock muffler but we all know it is quite heavy.

I like the sound and would describe it as a bit deeper and a little louder than stock. With the baffle removed it is louder than I want.

I was concerned about the "popping" on deceleration that I read so much about on this forum. It is nothing I intend to do anything about. I actually like the sound and it is no where near as loud as I was expecting.

I am very happy with the muffler and glad I got it.

delkevic

I am also looking at this same exhaust. Anybody have and HP/Torque figures vs. stock? Was also wondering if anybody knew the weight of the stock exhaust?

I haven't weighed the muffler from my FZ1 but my bandit had a similar size muffler and it weighed 25lbs.
The 18" muffler that the OP is looking at will be a bit quieter then the 14" or stubby mufflers others have used. If I bought one I would go with the 18" and try it without the baffle.

:sport12:My 03 Bee runs with this exhaust can, with the baffle in it after a ride f 900 miles I'm all smiles The deep sound of the Fz1 is like music in my ears. Not to loud for when I'm using my mp3 with ear buds but a nice full sound when I'm not. It looks like a high quality can. I would buy it again.

:sport12:My 03 Bee runs with this exhaust can, with the baffle in it after a ride f 900 miles I'm all smiles The deep sound of the Fz1 is like music in my ears. Not to loud for when I'm using my mp3 with ear buds but a nice full sound when I'm not. It looks like a high quality can. I would buy it again.

Love the picture show the wrong side of the bike. :gagged::+2:

I haven't weighed the muffler from my FZ1 but my bandit had a similar size muffler and it weighed 25lbs.
The 18" muffler that the OP is looking at will be a bit quieter then the 14" or stubby mufflers others have used. If I bought one I would go with the 18" and try it without the baffle.

Yeah I want it quiet, the 18 inch is still smaller than the stock gen-1, I am always afraid the stock pipe will get snagged in a car fender when filtering through traffic, the price is very reasonable to.
never ending mods but a lot of fun to make the bike my own.
Thanks for all the feedback:bowdown:

Delkevic 18 inch X installed

Received my exhaust today, very nice quality also has the center stand tab, installation took 30 mins most of which was to have sufficient clearance with the swing arm. the stock exhaust does have a gasket but no gasket is needed with the Delkevic pipe since it fits snug.

1- Sounds a little deeper than stock & not louder which is exactly what I wanted.
2- The bike feels lighter.
3- The new pipe further smoothed out the throttle abruptness @ slight opening.
4- I feel some performance gains at low speeds & smoothness with less general vibration, did not take it on the freeway yet but expect it to perform better than the stock.
5- Looks good & clean on the bike.
6- Unbeatable quality at $155.00 shipped.
I am very happy with its looks, performance & sound.

Hi Shcherbina1, sorry for the late reply. But, what luggage is that on your Bee?
I can't find a decent hard case I like and might have to go soft. Any problems with your set-up, like flapping? Thanks for your trouble.

Received my exhaust today, very nice quality also has the center stand tab, installation took 30 mins most of which was to have sufficient clearance with the swing arm. the stock exhaust does have a gasket but no gasket is needed with the Delkevic pipe since it fits snug.

1- Sounds a little deeper than stock & not louder which is exactly what I wanted.
2- The bike feels lighter.
3- The new pipe further smoothed out the throttle abruptness @ slight opening.
4- I feel some performance gains at low speeds & smoothness with less general vibration, did not take it on the freeway yet but expect it to perform better than the stock.
5- Looks good & clean on the bike.
6- Unbeatable quality at $155.00 shipped.
I am very happy with its looks, performance & sound.

I have the same slip on mine as well. Baffle is still in , I like the fact that I no longer annoy myself or the neighbors. I had a D&D can on it prior.

When are you going to remove the shovel off the back?

Pictures of My Delkevic slip on

This is on my Gen II but it seemed like a great place to post the pics.

546b81c5.jpg

d75bb923.jpg

55e99c58.jpg

Last edited:
Back