DIY Camera Mount Test

I made a DIY camera mount, the $5 pvc one. I had it on the handlebars but my new camera nearly died so I moved it to the passenger peg and made a $2 extension.

GEDC0218.JPG

GEDC0221.JPG

Here's the vid I shot with the camera facing front. I have to shoot facing backwards, but didn't get a chance to do it today. I used my old camera, not sure if I trust the new(er) one not to fart out again. Not sure if I like the quality of the old one.
Camera Mount Test

Very nice...How did you connect it to the passenger peg? What items did you use? How did you connect your camera?

Thanx for the great work...

nice job. looks like you had a really nice day for a ride to. could you post a close up pic of where it mounts to the bike?

I found it first on instructables.com and added the extension later after I saw this:

http://caferacersreturn.blogspot.com/2007/05/diy-8-camera-mount.html

It was the perfect solution since my new camera didn't like the mount so well. It vibrates a little, probably because I made my extension so long, but it works well with the old camera. Which makes me ask, is the quality okay?

Here is another option from instructables. I may have done this one if I'd seen it before I did the other one.

good pics. thats a neat little diy project. The quality of the vid is pretty good. When I first saw the setup I thought it would be way to shakey but to my suprise it did very well.

Yes, it performed better than I expected after the re-mount. I originally did it to see if I'd want to have one. I didn't want to invest $$$ for something I wasn't sure I liked or wanted. I've always liked the idea of having one. For under $10, I know how cool it is to have one. Now that I know, I'm going to see how much I use it. If it's often, then I'll consider whether I need to upgrade to a "real" one or not. Then there's the issue of what camera to use.

I'm not inclined to spend a lot of money on a camera that will be in harm's way so much. I may just stick with the old one (until the duct tape falls off and it won't hold batteries anymore). I don't worry nearly so much about what happens to it. I've already gotten my money's worth!!

Back