Does Anyone Know Where to Buy Some of These Gen 1 Radiator Side Covers?

I have really dug through the old threads and found that they were sold at Wild Hair Accessories. I sent them an Email but I thought I would ask around while I'm waiting for a reply.

These were called "Metisse Side Radiator Protector" and they were the side radiator covers. Here are some pics:

FZ1RadiatorPannels2_zpsc67e7217.jpg

FZ1radiatorpanels_zps53ca0a73.jpg

FZ1Gen1RadiatorGuards_zps5bb6cf0c.jpg

If any of you guys know where to get these I would appreciate the heads up.
I am running these right now:

FZ1TPCRadiatorCovers_zpse5c10014.jpg

I really like them but the Metisse Covers are cool also. LOL Damn Mod Fever!!!! :cuss::hysteric::cuss:

Well I received my answer from Wild Hair Accessories.
I am always impressed when a company returns my email in a matter of hours. That points to good customer service. (Just my opinion).
OK - here is my letter to them:

----- Original Message -----
To: [email protected]
Sent: Wednesday, March 06, 2013 2:29 PM
Subject: 2004 Yamaha FZ1 Metisse Side Radiator Covers

Hello -
I was looking around the FZ1 Forums and I found some radiator side covers that I really liked for my 2004 Yamaha FZ1 and wanted to see if you guys still had these radiator covers in stock?
Here is a pic from your site:

http://www.whaccessories.com/images/JasonFZ1AZ.jpg

If you do not sell them anymore I would appreciate any help I could get on tracking the company who manufactured them. I know the Fazers are really big in the UK so I am also searching over there but nothing yet.

Thanks for any help.

Carl

Here is their response:

Hello Carl
Unfortunately, the Metisse radiator side covers for your 04 FZ 1 are discontinued for almost 10 years and not available anymore. Sorry.

The only other manufacturer we know who offers something similar is Hagen. See attachment.
The price is US$210.00 plus shipping to the UK US$55.00.
They are made by order only, shipping time is around 6-8 weeks.

HagenRadiatorSideCoversFZ1-051_zpscadac896.jpg

Thank you for your interest.
If you have further questions, please feel free to contact us.
Your Wild Hair Team
Irfan

Back