Does the FZ1 (Gen 2) seem to find neutral real easy?

Maybe sometimes I’m a bit lazy with my shifts but I have never ridden a bike that seems to find neutral so easy. I actually find myself being quite conscious of shifting with some authority to ensure I don’t hit neutral.

Don't get me wrong it does not happen all the time but still often enough that it's in the back of my mind.

I just put it down to my technique, which it may well be, but I've never had this issue riding bikes before.

Or is it just an FZ1 thing?

Cheers!

Last edited:
I found myself catching neutral during break-in on my new 2013. After the 600 mile oil change last week it hasn't happened at all. I switched to Mobil 1 4T, full synthetic. What kind of oil are you running?

Cheers guys, I will try lowering the lever a bit, although it is not that high at all now, could well make a difference so will give it a shot.

What makes me bit doubtful is I ride dirt bikes as well and my dirty has the lever real high to allow for mx boots and even riding that with normal shoes I never hit neutral, and that lever is like 2" higher than the FZ1 lever sits and feels a mile away compared.

I'm running Motul 10w40 5100.

I'll see how I go.

OK some feedback, I adjusted the lever down a bit and it does seem a fair bit better. No false neutrals as yet.

It is surprising how much more travel the shift lever needs when it goes via linkages and a second lever pivot though as compared to straight into the box like the shifter on a chook chaser does.

Cheers guys!

Back