Dyno results

Hi there.
Got my 07 Fz1 back from the tuners on saturday.
What a thrill the was!!
It has a leo vince slip on,DNA filter and pcIII. The airbox mod had no efect and the flies mod had a negative outcome on the midrange.So I sticked with the Stock flies.
But check these values on the wheel!152bhp!:tup:

I used Ctrl++ on the image to zoom it and it looks real to me.

Also, hold Ctrl and use the mouse wheel to zoom in and out. ;)

I still question that much HP and torque... Seems a bit high for the amount of mods. If it is real, it is fan-freakin-tastic though.

Here is why I question the results because stock, the bike isn't even on the lower end of the above graph.

998 cc DOHC 20-valve engine from the 2004-06 R1 tuned for better midrange torque, which produces 150 hp (110 kW) (129–132 hp at the wheel) at 11,000 rpm

From Yamaha themselves:

147.91 HP (108.0 kW)) @ 11000 RPM (Crank, not wheel)
78.2 lb·ft (106 N·m) (10.8 kgf-m or 78.2 ft.lbs) @ 10800 RPM

Adding HP is a lot easier than adding torque.

Really the only thing that matters is before, after, and the satisfaction of the rider.

There are so many variables; dyno brands/types/models, bike set up, condition of bike, dyno prep, weather compensation (or lack of etc.), that it is very difficult to make black and white comparisons.

For example on a Factory Pro dyno my 1125R made about 127 at the wheel, on a Dynojet the figure is ~150 at the wheel. The bottomline is we started at 118, gained 18 at 6,000 rpm, and made more power a 40% throttle at 6,000 rpm than 100% throttle prior to tuning. The bike also went from a paint shaker to Japanese smmmoooooth. So it is all about the result.

The difference between the pre-tune an post-tune look pretty good to me.

:noworries:

It was done on a Dynojet dyno and the figures are spot on.
Had the bike on a other dynojet dyno before the pcIII and got the same 142bhp.:tup:

I got 153hp out of mine @75ft with similar mods to you, so you results are bang-on for your mods. I must say the bike feels nothing like stock, have you lowered your gearing? I recommend you go to 16t it unleashes the bike even more.. good times!!!.

HP/Torque

Helsgate makes a good point, however the Buell has a considerably longer stroke which is condusive in the torque areana. Torque is what gets you from zero to seventy, horspower is what gets you from seventy to one hundred and forty.......

The numbers do seem suspect, but then measurement on dynos is different from machine to machine and their method of measurement.

All in all, there don't seem to be any frowns here. :)

Helsgate makes a good point, however the Buell has a considerably longer stroke which is condusive in the torque arena. Torque is what gets you from zero to seventy, horspower is what gets you from seventy to one hundred and forty.......

The numbers do seem suspect, but then measurement on dynos is different from machine to machine and their method of measurement.

All in all, there don't seem to be any frowns here. :)

Sort of what I was going to reply this morning. ;) Thanks!

I wouldn't question the mas RWHP number as dyno's differ and from the numbers some here have posted its doable. What I would question is his torque numbers which are no where near what everyone else has posted with less mods no less.

Nevermind, torque in NM. Nice bike.

Last edited:
I wouldn't question the mas RWHP number as dyno's differ and from the numbers some here have posted its doable. What I would question is his torque numbers which are no where near what everyone else has posted with less mods no less.

Nevermind, torque in NM. Nice bike.

I have the same results and dyno print-out to prove. If you read a few other related treads about this subject you will find these results are common with these mods. i agree there are some variables but i gained 8-9hp from a dyno session, it pays to get it done by someone who knows what there doing. I had Ivan's e- map on my PC3 when dyoned but found it way to rich it was almost like a "shotgun" map. My bike now is smoother, more linear, pulls harder and is more economical.

I have the same results and dyno print-out to prove. If you read a few other related treads about this subject you will find these results are common with these mods. i agree there are some variables but i gained 8-9hp from a dyno session, it pays to get it done by someone who knows what there doing. I had Ivan's e- map on my PC3 when dyoned but found it way to rich it was almost like a "shotgun" map. My bike now is smoother, more linear, pulls harder and is more economical.

Never questioned the RWHP ,seems standard, but I thought the torque was in ft/lbs at first which it is not.

Back