Dyno Run

Just had a couple of runs on a dyno on sat, 2 with the standard exhaust, 2 with my new and cheap exhaust, just the end can and link pipe......pretty intresting results though.

The exup was disconnected for both

run 1 max power = 129.4
run 2 max power = 130.4

run 3 max power = 137.8
run 4 max power = 137.8

i cant believe that a cheap end can released over 7 bhp, how restrictive is the standard can!!

Comments from the the Dyno guy (a top bloke, really into his speedway racing) the fueling was rich to start with and that the exhaust really 'woke the bike up' and leaned the air fuel ratio to near spot on where it should be......before the 3rd and 4th runs he suspected that i would need a power commander, his comment after the 4th 'well i have to eat humble pie, thats really woke the bike up'.

well pleased with the outcome really, next stop the AIS mod to limit exhaust pop a bit.

What kind of dyno readings have other people got? stock, modded anything.....is my 7bhp gain a fluke? i thought the days of getting such improvements from a simple exhaust swap were long gone with modern bikes

I have never dynoed my bike, but your results seem pretty much inline with what I have seen before. Enjoy your new found power and weight reduction (that stock can is a porker :D)!

153 @ rear, all Ivan's stuff, PC3, IM, DNA filter and slip-on.

That increase seems good for an inexpensive part, but where and how long was that increase? In other words, was it just at the high end of the spectrum or was it spread over a wide RPM band? That's important so you are getting the increae where you can use it. A 7 H.P. increase only at 11,500 RPM is useless unless you like riding at full tilt all the time.

lonerider59; looking at the dyno graph it was an increase across the board, will bring the graph into work tomorrow so i can scan it in and post it in this thread.

va_rider; i assume it was i had rode it 'not slowly' the 20mins to the dyno centre and the bike was only stood while we set the dyno up to get my bike in, plus while setting it up we had a few 'test' runs to make sure it was strapped down enough....we had to grab a few more straps to stop it squirming.

got a few more tweeks to make with the exhaust set up, its blowing a little where it connects to the link pipe.

Have a look in my gallery i few pictures of the exhaust fitted and where i fitted my tail tidy

picture.php

http://www.998cc.org/forum/picture.php?albumid=127&pictureid=738

Have you opened up your air box yet? :)

That and cutting down your subthrottle flies will really wake up the midrange, as will Ivan's FCE. (Richen's up the midrange, and opens the flies slightly sooner while it cures the "snatch" on the 2006 version. (Like mine.)

On the stock ECU, and using the feedback from the stock O2 sensor, the bike really runs well with those mods.

1) Slip on of your choice.
2) No cat in the header.
3) Open the airbox, IE: Lars mod.
4) Descreen stock air filter, or replace with BMC/DNA/K&N/Pipercross etc.
5) Cut down size on flies. (Mine are just cut off so 1/2 of them remain, the side that used to rotate "up" is now gone. This improves midrange when you want it, not when the computer thinks you should have the power.)
6) Ivan's FCE if you want the full effect. A must on 06 bikes, as it also cures the fuel injection cut out "snatch" or abrupt return of fuel as you get back on the throttle in the corners.

Sure you can further refine the bike with a PCIII and other mods, but I'm pretty happy with my setup now, and have not spent the money on the PCIII and Ignition module, or dyno time to tune the bike.

it the 09 bike so throttle snatch isn't problem.

the next mods im thinking of (after sorting the AIS) are more cosmetic.....i fancy a nice set of ASV levers and maybe braided hoses along with a wider renthal bar.......i find the standard bar a little narrow. maybe lower the hight of the bar as well

That is a sweet looking can but wondering why doesn't it have a strap around it where the rivets are?, do the rivets go straight through the carbon?. How does it sound and did it come with a baffle?, any fitment issues?.

i nearly bought one from a company over here very similar but with the strap around it. The racefit growler is similar in that it does not have the strap around.

The rivets appear to go straight through.

It sounds pretty damn good, a fair bit of popping, but i havent done the AIS blocking yet....its the next thing on my list.

it didnt come with a baffle but i have an aftermarket baffle ready to fit when i have the time to do it.

Its a proper ebay cheap job.........but considering what i paid i think its fair, i did have some fittment issues, the link pipe just wasnt bent right and after emailing the manufacturer i still wasnt happy (i was told the link pipe should 'only just' be connected and that the can does sit close to the swingarm). Lucky for me my cousins fella has a full on metalwork shop just down the road so we sorted it there, i had the link pipe cut and welded to sit how i wanted then Bill made an exhaust hanger to suit the can position (the hanger supplied was rubbish and placed the can right up next to the pillion foot peg). I forced a crate of beer into his arms for the service!

in the end i think the can is worth the peanuts i paid for it but be prepared to play around to get it fitted nice.

The comapny is on ebay and has a website, do a search for danmoto. exhaust cost me less than £100 delivered.

I have heard of other guys having trouble with this exhaust. Sure it is cheap but that isn't an excuse if you buy something you expect it to fit right the first time not have to refabricate the link-pipe, it almost seems they are don't really give a sh*t and they know it won't fit right but as long as they get the sale they play ignorant to this fact!!!. I recently brought a cheap set of rearsets of fleebay (Chinese) as well and had to slightly alter them to fit and work properly sure i got them to work but i farted around for the better part of a day maybe spending and extra $100 probably would have been wiser and less frustrating.

I have heard of other guys having trouble with this exhaust. Sure it is cheap but that isn't an excuse if you buy something you expect it to fit right the first time not have to refabricate the link-pipe, it almost seems they are don't really give a sh*t and they know it won't fit right but as long as they get the sale they play ignorant to this fact!!!. I recently brought a cheap set of rearsets of fleebay (Chinese) as well and had to slightly alter them to fit and work properly sure i got them to work but i farted around for the better part of a day maybe spending and extra $100 probably would have been wiser and less frustrating.

Yes...that old saying "You get what you paid for" is often very true with these cheap Chinese parts.

yeah but i was prepared to mess about and i think 100 for the can on its own is fair but generally yes, you get what what you pay for. I definatley would not have accepted having to modify it if i had payed more.

The can should see me through this summer with a grin, with a bit luck and a fair wind behind me (plus overtime later in the year!! lol) a REAL smart little exhaust should find its way on the bike early next year. Just got a lot on money wise this year so couldnt really justify a significant purchase.

Back